CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Crew Help wanted (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68671)

fastlane 01-10-2018 12:30 PM

Crew Help wanted

I am still looking for a crew man in the Los Angles area to go to the track and help with racing a FS/AA Copo. Contact me here if interested

GTX JOHN 01-12-2018 05:04 PM

Re: Crew Help wanted

If you want to pit near us...We would be happy to help at any of West Coast Races. We run 3 or 4 Stock/Super Stock cars....We would not notice one more.

Irving Family Racing

fastlane 01-14-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX JOHN (Post 553609)
If you want to pit near us...We would be happy to help at any of West Coast Races. We run 3 or 4 Stock/Super Stock cars....We would not notice one more.

Irving Family Racing

I would love to join you most of my time I will be at Fontana and a bit at Formoso they have not put out the full schedule yet. It looks like you will be closer to Las Vegas. I will be at Fontana Feb 2/3/4. At any event how will I know where you pit. I have a new 2017 Copo 350 supercharger FS/AA
Fastlane

fastlane 01-27-2018 10:11 PM

Interesting I really received no response from class racer for crew help I put an add in Craig’s list and received 25 requests for the position in the first 24 hours and there still coming.

David Lee 01-27-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastlane (Post 554590)
Interesting I really received no response from class racer for crew help I put an add in Craig’s list and received 25 requests for the position in the first 24 hours and there still coming.

I would love to help but with a dynamic schedule, I would not laeve you hanging.

fastlane 01-27-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lee (Post 554591)
I would love to help but with a dynamic schedule, I would not laeve you hanging.

I appreciate the offer but now I have more then I can handle I picked 1 out of the 25 and have plenty of backups really no one that is a drag racer all young guys wanting to learn but that is ok. I have been doing this my whole life but no real expierance in stock eliminator except my L79 66 Nova a ran in 1966-1968. All bracket and heads up stuff. Stock eliminator is not much different then bracket racing. You qualify you put the number on your window you expect to run you get or give a handicap seems the same to me.

David Lee 01-27-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastlane (Post 554593)
I appreciate the offer but now I have more then I can handle I picked 1 out of the 25 and have plenty of backups really no one that is a drag racer all young guys wanting to learn but that is ok. I have been doing this my whole life but no real expierance in stock eliminator except my L79 66 Nova a ran in 1966-1968. All bracket and heads up stuff. Stock eliminator is not much different then bracket racing. You qualify you put the number on your window you expect to run you get or give a handicap seems the same to me.

do you have a good log or logging sw yet

fastlane 01-28-2018 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lee (Post 554596)
do you have a good log or logging sw yet

I have a manual log book and my weather station keeps all my runs stored of which I have none yet. Just got the car first time running it will be 2/3/18

Chuck Norton 01-28-2018 12:03 PM

If the track's response to yesterday's car count is any indication, you'll be lucky to get two runs in two days. With that in mind, it would be advisable to be there EARLY, be prepared to stay LATE, and expect to stand in agonizingly interminable lines at tech, at credentials, and wait through very slow response to on-track problems. A part of the problem appeared to be problems related to poor car prep with breakage, leakage, and equipment problems. But then, the track response to issues that arose was not swift. I watched one poor soul whose job it was to hand-mop the track surface make multiple trips between the starting line and the 330' cone within the course of an hour. That's not considering the late morning hours during which the track limited the runs to 1/8 mile only due to gusting crosswinds.

As a casual observer, I would compare the day to one that might be experienced by a big-box department store that slashed prices by 50% and then gave half the staff a day off. It's the old problem of trying to stuff ten pounds of mud into a shoebox.

Good luck, see you there.

c

Bob Mulry 01-28-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Norton (Post 554616)
If the track's response to yesterday's car count is any indication, you'll be lucky to get two runs in two days. With that in mind, it would be advisable to be there EARLY, be prepared to stay LATE, and expect to stand in agonizingly interminable lines at tech, at credentials, and wait through very slow response to on-track problems. A part of the problem appeared to be problems related to poor car prep with breakage, leakage, and equipment problems. But then, the track response to issues that arose was not swift. I watched one poor soul whose job it was to hand-mop the track surface make multiple trips between the starting line and the 330' cone within the course of an hour. That's not considering the late morning hours during which the track limited the runs to 1/8 mile only due to gusting crosswinds.

As a casual observer, I would compare the day to one that might be experienced by a big-box department store that slashed prices by 50% and then gave half the staff a day off. It's the old problem of trying to stuff ten pounds of mud into a shoebox.

Good luck, see you there.

c

Big Boy,

I thought that was the natural order of things?????

Bob