CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anybody beat cancer? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=66914)

SStockDart 07-17-2017 03:26 AM

Anybody beat cancer?

Hey, so many of us are getting of the age........Cancer is something that happens. It is not the end..it makes us realize what we have. I hope and pray that my racing friends recognize this.

Ps...I have cancer...... race on

David Lee 07-17-2017 03:47 AM

Re: Anybody beat cancer?

I am sorry to hear that Gary, I know quite a few people that have beat cancer and are living normal lives. Is there anything that we can do for you?

Dan Bernay 07-17-2017 06:56 AM

My best friend just best Stage 4 throat cancer, it can happen. With all due respect does this belong here

nhramnl 07-17-2017 08:05 AM

Actually, a lot of people beat cancer. As a matter of fact, everyone (well, almost everyone) does. The facts I've learned say that cancer is present in virtually everyone's body, from time to time. Abnormal cells grow and our body's immune system takes care of them (i.e. wipes them out). When a person "gets cancer" it is simply the result of either the abnormal cells growing too fast for the immune system to handle, or the immune system being in a weakened state, and being unable to handle the challenge. Every thing I've ever read about cancer says eat healthy, exercise and get lots of sleep. Get your immune system as strong as possible, and then choose a therapy that doesn't wipe YOU out. Cancer Centers of America has had some pretty good press; you might want to check their program out. Best of luck... after all, we're all in this together.

Eric Voigt 07-17-2017 08:45 AM

I have, twice. Takes will power, positive attitude and faith, lots of faith.

Todd Hoven 07-17-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Bernay (Post 539580)
My best friend just best Stage 4 throat cancer, it can happen. With all due respect does this belong here

Did Kenny hire you as a moderator?

Kevin Panzino 07-17-2017 09:21 AM

I did. 1998. Chemo and radiation. Been AOk since.
In reality it was the best thing that ever happened to me.
Completely rearranges your perspective on life.

SSGT Mustang 07-17-2017 09:30 AM

The success of cancer treatment depends in large part on the type of cancer and disease stage.

I cannot emphasize enough that outcomes are often dependent on where a person gets treated. We have the benefit of some of the finest cancer centers in the world. Duke, Sloan Kettering, MD Anderson, Dana Farber, UCLA and UCSF are among the best. They are associated with cutting-edge technology, are well funded and are heavily involved in research.

While there are some very good local hospitals around the country, I would highly recommend seeking care at one of the above center or one of their affiliates.

If I can help in any way, please feel free to send me a private message.

TOM KASCH 07-17-2017 10:09 AM

I had prostate cancer in 2009 , choose to have 43 days of radiation,
just now having trouble with the after effects.
GET YOUR PSA checked every yr, it's a blood test and watch your score ,if it gets to 4.5 + and your Dr doesn't do a byapsy , look for a different Dr.

Todd Bailey 07-17-2017 10:10 AM

Exactly what Eric said. Positive attitude has a lot to do with it. Good luck.

Bob Vogel 07-17-2017 10:18 AM

I had it 2009, beat it made me a better person. I look at life different treasure more moments - don't take life for granted.

GTX JOHN 07-17-2017 11:05 AM

Kidney Cancer (12 Hr. Surgery), Colon Cancer, Melanoma (Cost me a piece of my arm). All now over 5 years ago and all in complete remission!
Currently worrying about Prostate Cancer.

Early detection is a key!

So also is the power of a lot of prayers!

God is the great physician who holds us all in his loving arms.

MR DERBY CITY 07-17-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Bernay (Post 539580)

I believe it does. Some of us get so wrapped up in our jobs and racing that we forget about our health, until it's too late ...When you finally realize that you are not YOUNG anymore it's a good idea to visit the doctor and schedule that blood test. At age 50 it's Colonoscopy time unless you are TOO MACHO to allow the doc to place that scope up your rear....I know legendary football coach Vince Lombardi wouldn't allow it so he checked out early. Always out of breath and tire easily, you might want to share that with the doctor on your next visit.....All our race cars require maintenance from time to time,....Well, so do we.....

Carguy49 07-17-2017 03:03 PM

"Whoever said winning doesn't matter, never had to fight cancer"

A good motto to live by, we do. My wife is on her 3rd session with cancer that started in 2003 with breast cancer, beat it. In late 2006 or early 2007 she developed issues with her back (cancer again), beat it. In 2013? she again had to start dealing with that dreaded cancer demon. This time it is in her bones, and the doctors are doing the best to control it so she can have as good a life as possible.

Her prognosis is good as possible, but we all know it will claim her at some point. We live life one day at a time and enjoy everything so much more now.

If you guys and gals remember I did a thread in late 2015 Carguy 49's Road Trip. We have taken a few smaller trips since then, but she doesn't travel as well as she used to.

Our 20th Anniversary is July 27th and her 65th Birthday is Sept. 9th. Out next 2 goals. Yes, we have more after that. A good friend's daughter is getting married next summer, also on the list.

I get to the races as much as I can to visit with friends and the support from them is outstanding. Keep my wife in your prayers and God Bless ALL of you.

P.S. To answer the thread question - - YES, People beat cancer all the time, NEVER give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mickey Whaley 07-17-2017 05:53 PM

My wife was diagnosed at the early age of 31 and is now 11 years clear (Breast) stay positive and surround yourself with a good support team and don't give up no matter how tough it gets. Good Luck to you and your family.

Frank Castros 07-17-2017 07:16 PM

My Pancreas, Spleen and Gall Bladder where all removed five years ago and my life has drastically changed but I still have a life.

Chevy55 07-17-2017 07:18 PM

I was treated for prostate cancer in 2015 that the VA recognizes as an Agent Orange related disease. Everything been good so far, doctors were great but the toughest part is deciding on your treatment. I had a few choices and there's pros and cons no matter which way you go.

FED 387 07-17-2017 09:04 PM

I had a stage 3B prostate cancer diagnosis in 2009 came up during my NHRA license physical---Very aggressive cancer from the time of my diagnosis until my prostatectomy 3 weeks later by the DaVinci method it had almost become a 4A cancer--ALL CLEAR now go to the Dr.for PSA test every 90 days fortunately it has not come back they seem to have gotten it all___ Hallaluela ---it all depends on the Doctor you have how knowledgeable he is in treating your form of cancer the experience he has in treating your cancer and the treatment center you go to as well as the form of treatment YOU choose---Do not take the easy way out this is serious stuff you are dealing with here--Don't take the easy way out either--- YOU make the wrong decision YOU CAN END UP DEAD !!!! Listen to everything they say about your case and the treatment options, you don't like what they say go find another Doctor get his opinion---Remember he is going to go home and have dinner with his wife and kids regardless what you decide so make the best decision you can hopefully it will be the right one---you want to talk to me about it PM me I'll be happy to tell you everything about my case--- FED 387

340Cuda 07-18-2017 09:07 AM

Gary,

A lot of people get cancer and a lot of people beat it and you are going to be one of them!

Wishing a good attitude and good luck!

Bill

FireSale 07-18-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FED 387 (Post 539645)
I had a stage 3B prostate cancer diagnosis in 2009 came up during my NHRA license physical---Very aggressive cancer from the time of my diagnosis until my prostatectomy 3 weeks later by the DaVinci method it had almost become a 4A cancer--ALL CLEAR now go to the Dr.for PSA test every 90 days fortunately it has not come back they seem to have gotten it all___ Hallaluela ---it all depends on the Doctor you have how knowledgeable he is in treating your form of cancer the experience he has in treating your cancer and the treatment center you go to as well as the form of treatment YOU choose---Do not take the easy way out this is serious stuff you are dealing with here--Don't take the easy way out either--- YOU make the wrong decision YOU CAN END UP DEAD !!!! Listen to everything they say about your case and the treatment options, you don't like what they say go find another Doctor get his opinion---Remember he is going to go home and have dinner with his wife and kids regardless what you decide so make the best decision you can hopefully it will be the right one---you want to talk to me about it PM me I'll be happy to tell you everything about my case--- FED 387

Ditto all the way. My diagnosis was last Winter and surgery about a year ago. Just started the follow-up hormone therapy in preparation for a seven week shot of radiation treatments in late August. My behavior has been a bit strange with the hormone treatments, but my PSA remains below 0.05.

D6 guys: If I show up with my Stronger than Cancer or radioactive themed t-shirt, now you know what's up.

Jeff Teuton 07-18-2017 11:55 AM

My wife now 73 had her breast cancer encounter when she was 31. Brutal back then. An ax was the choice of instruments. Hence the Pink Stock Eliminator car. Dedicated to her I think that's 42 years..

impstocker 07-19-2017 04:00 AM

I have twice. Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma . First time 2004, came back in 2010. Same cancer that took my dad in 1982. He was only 53. I am 58 today, due to the advancement in medication with the chemo since then.

Also instead of being afraid of it I educated myself about my form of cancer. 67 different versions of just my type of cancer. This seem to make it less scary.

Will Lamprecht

jwsamuel 07-21-2017 03:15 PM

GET SCREENINGS!

I am 60 now and have had three colonscopies since I was 50. Every time the docs found pre-cancerous polyps that were easily removed. I am sure that had I not had the screenings, at least one of those would have developed into cancer by now.

OLD GUY 07-21-2017 03:19 PM

Had Prostate Cancer 2005. Because Gleason score was 6 and 6 any treatment was an option. On the advice of Dr. John Staemy(sic) at Stanford, who wrote the original PSA test, I underwent 45 Radiation treatments with a break at 40 to go to Winternationals and finished up last 5 week following. During that period I witnessed many guys who had the surgery coming back for radiation treatment after the surgery because they didn't get it all. I had my last PSA exam 4 months ago and the number is still .08 after 12 years. So I can say I BEAT CANCER. I had the best advice I could have and the wonderful care that was painless except for the three tattoos for the radiation line up process. Yes there are side effects to all of the treatments. The choice of treatment is all important. Get all the advice you can and make sure they are qualified. Not everybody can get advice from the person I did who at the time was world renown as the expert in the field. Good luck and just go for it, it can be beaten and when you are done it feels just like you won a National Event. Attitude is everything.

SStockDart 07-23-2017 02:09 AM

Thanks for all of the positive comments. Cancer has touched everyone's life, one way or another. I have the love of my family and the belief in our Lord and Savior......I am not the least bit afraid. I'll be here for a long time. Race on

SStockDart 07-28-2017 01:03 AM

"Inoperatable".. I'll show them. How many class racers have been told they couldn't do something??? All of us... then we do it. Well, I'm going to do it. Race on

Jess Suter 07-28-2017 11:50 AM

I am a survivor so far... Non Hodgkins Lymphoma type b stage 4-still have a tumor wrapped around my right kidney-couldn't operate
Get Tommy Johnson Sr cancer book
Be strong-rely on your spiritual relationship
Get angry get mad-fight it out my man
sucks but you can do it