CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" the NHRA Toyo Tires Nationals. (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=28881)

Ken Miele 10-05-2010 06:57 PM

"Live From" the NHRA Toyo Tires Nationals.

6 Attachment(s)
I guess by now everyone knows that there is no parking until Thursday for all sportsman. I hit the road at 2pm and had no idea the schedule had changed. I'm only a 110 miles from Maple Grove, but decided to stay. I can catch up with most of my work from my laptop.

There are about 75 rigs parked in the field. Bellow are some shots of what the field looks like. The entry in is starting to get a little muddy, but most rigs are parked on solid ground. In spite if all the rain its not as bad as I though it would be.

The first picture is the Philadelphia skyline on my way to Maple Grove. The rest are the rigs lined up and the parking field.

It would be nice if NHRA would just change the schedule to end on Monday. This way all the sportsman can get the runs they are suppose to, along with running class. I guess that would be to much to ask.

I will be back tomorrow with pictures of the pits.

It stop raining in the morning here and has not rained all day, though it is cloudy and cold.

I guess the only thing we can do tomorrow is have a mud wrestling match, anyone know a few young ladies that would be interested.

Dan Fletcher 10-05-2010 07:31 PM

Re: "Live From" the NHRA Toyo Tires Nationals.

It's all good...at least the Pros share the burden with all the Sportsman that ponied up with the $270 to get in. Instead of 4 runs for the stellar field of nitro stars like..well, I won't name names...they cut them back to ONLY 3 runs to make the very stout bump to get in...

Oh, wait a minute, no they didn't...they all still get 4 runs to qualify for a field where virtually anything that doesn't piss all over it's own shoes gets in...

And we get one whole ONE run, and then are sent into first round. Someone that loses first round in Stock can physically be on the grounds for less than Five hours...

That's awesome...

Believe me when I tell you...I've erased way more of this post than what remains...I haven't had quite enough Ultras to fully speak my mind!!!

Ed Fernandez 10-05-2010 07:33 PM

Kenny,check the Evan Smith thread.I'm sure the four new Fast Ford girls are up for some good ole mud rasslin'.

hookdaddy 10-05-2010 07:38 PM

Agreed Dan but, there are only two words that matter to the powers that be and they are SPECTATOR GATE not sportsman racers.

NHRA publications love to point out how sportsman racers are the "backbone of the sport", well now I think we all need a good chiropracter.

Brian VP 10-05-2010 07:39 PM

Actually I was examining the schedule and NHRA has one heck of a job in front of them. Apparently the posted schedule is staying the same and just filling us in. Well On Friday they start at 8:45 and Comp runs at 11 o'clock. So in 2 hours and 15 minutes they need to get 50 Super Street, 100 Stockers, 80 Super Comp, 80 Super Stock, and 80 Super Gas cars a time run. That is 390 cars in 2 hours and 15 minutes. 195 pairs in 135 minutes. That is a pretty good click. Looking at the rest of the schedule there is not really enough time to fit any class in for another entire round. from 11 on they have to run 2 sessions of comp, 2 of tafc and tad, 2 PSB, 2 PS, 2 TF, and 2 FC. And they plan on being done by 7 o'clock. Which is probably a good idea looking at what happened when the sun went down last week and what happens when it gets dark at the Dutch. I would be really surprised if any sportsman car get's a round in on Friday. It is going to be a long weekend.

Jack Matyas 10-05-2010 07:41 PM

Kenny - Glad you're on the job but where is Sal your faithful assistant ? He must have found out about the non-union wages he was earning .Tomorrow you can keep us up to date on how deep the mud really is and as to what time the mud wrestling championship starts ..........aren't you glad you came in early .......see you later in the week .

Rich Biebel 10-05-2010 07:45 PM

You are a very funny man Dan.......and only telling it like it is.

Some serious Fuel pukers have always been part of the show and NHRA has to have them now just for a short field.......NHRA probably has some special incentives for them to show up, You guys get shafted so they can slobber up the racetrack.......but hey the fans love it and Paul Paige says so....

RACER1530 10-05-2010 07:50 PM

you think they wont try to run after the pros on friday? I bet they try to stick it to somebody.

larry dowty 10-05-2010 07:52 PM

DAN, I tell everbody you always have a great since of humor.

Brian VP 10-05-2010 07:53 PM

I am not saying they won't TRY. But as we all know they are dedicated to safety. So I am sure that that will be the first thing on their mind.