CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Carpet for back seat (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72527)

Coleydog 03-19-2019 10:55 AM

Carpet for back seat

I need a source for carpet to cover where the back seat went. Or are there other options to cover that area? What have you used? I wanted to use the seats but the cage bars makes it impossible. Thanks
Mike

jmcarter 03-19-2019 11:31 AM

Re: Carpet for back seat

I’d reach out to Mr, Derby City...he probably has a pattern that would fit. I’ve got the super light weight carpeting in the back but it’s showing it’s age. That is who I’ll contact when I’m traveling through there.

Mark Ruset 03-19-2019 11:54 AM

Found a roll of black carpet at Home Depot, I believe it's original use was for covering stereo speakers, it is relatively inexpensive and wide enough to cover the are of a rear seat,

Mike Pearson 03-19-2019 03:29 PM

it doesn't necessarily have to be carpet. It just has to be upholstered in some way. Not bare metal.

JHeath 03-19-2019 03:57 PM

I found some fabric on ebay , looks like the stuff they use in the trunks of newer cars.

Timetraveler 03-19-2019 05:29 PM

If you don't need a roll bar because of class but you need a firewall because you have a fuel cell can you carpet over the firewall or do you have to put the back seat in?

Coleydog 03-19-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timetraveler (Post 585267)
If you don't need a roll bar because of class but you need a firewall because you have a fuel cell can you carpet over the firewall or do you have to put the back seat in?

No way I can get the seat installed unless I cut them in four pieces, back and bottom. Back "could" be done but bottom, too many cuts. I really wanted them back there for looks. I have cut foam blocks to fit (in pieces) then just the covers over those. Easy to conture with a grinder then hot glue or cement. Just need an agile Asian to get in there to work between those monkey bars, way beyond my fat butt.
Mike

Dave Gantz 03-19-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHeath (Post 585260)
I found some fabric on ebay , looks like the stuff they use in the trunks of newer cars.

We did this on a car several years ago. It conformed to the various shapes and curves. We glued it down.

FED 387 03-19-2019 09:00 PM

Go to a fabric store and buy "felt" or a similar product in a color that matches the interior cut it to fit and use aerosol adhesive to make it stick. Maybe do it for $10-15 for materials

Coleydog 03-19-2019 11:45 PM

Good ideas so far, I'll look into these.