CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Indy Class ...Enhanced ! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=70678)

Jim Bailey 08-13-2018 08:07 AM

Indy Class ...Enhanced !

I'm sure it's not probable, maybe not even possible, but if the Class Competitors would cooperate with the NHRA officials and come to the lanes when called, maybe Class Eliminations could be run out by class instead of random class car pairings. It would provide a much more exciting race for viewing by spectators.....

Rick Schilling 08-13-2018 08:15 AM

Re: Indy Class ...Enhanced !

Agreed.

Larry Hill 08-13-2018 08:17 AM

I will do my part to be "on time"

Everyone likes a good Show

Carguy49 08-13-2018 11:38 AM

I love the idea, sounds very exciting.

How would it be arranged???

Would they start with the slowest class first or with the fastest class.

If they started with the slowest class first, the momentum would build to the fast cars.

Superfan1 08-13-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bailey (Post 569694)
I'm sure it's not probable, maybe not even possible, but if the Class Competitors would cooperate with the NHRA officials and come to the lanes when called, maybe Class Eliminations could be run out by class instead of random class car pairings. It would provide a much more exciting race for viewing by spectators.....

I agree 100%

Steve Polhill 08-13-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bailey (Post 569694)

That would be great but they never call my class. I have to go up and wait 2 hours.

Bill Bagley 08-13-2018 03:24 PM

I guess I don't understand why you don't come when called. Is there some sort of 'competitive strategy' I'm missing?

James Perrone 08-13-2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bagley (Post 569727)
I guess I don't understand why you don't come when called. Is there some sort of 'competitive strategy' I'm missing?

Because there’s a traffic jam with 180 cars.
Good luck with pairing. There is No. REDMAN.

Mike Jones 08-13-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bagley (Post 569727)

I know a former World Champ who would make people wait, if he could. It might get under your skin.
He could also drive :D

Dallas Kelly 08-13-2018 04:21 PM

I was just getting ready to add that first NHRA needs to assign staging lane workers who understand what a "Class" is; especially at the U S Nats. At least for the last two years.