CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dominator Carb in Supergas (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=49129)

Squirrell 08-31-2013 06:30 AM

Dominator Carb in Supergas

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me if there are any problems with running a Dominator carb on a Supergas car ?. Are there any modifications or adjustments that need to be done to these carbs ?. I have one on a BBC 555 cube, approximately 900 hp, 1150 cfm. I have been told it will not run properly on the stop. I have no info on what settings it was set up at. I have no info on carb settings yet.
Thanks Patrick.

cad 08-31-2013 07:52 AM

Re: Dominator Carb in Supergas

Hopefully a few guys will chime in. A friend of mine runs a dominator in SST on his 421 sbc. It was worth a couple mph over his 950 Holley. I dont recall him ever having an "issue". And I believe he used an adapter.

drgrcr1156 08-31-2013 08:40 AM

I run a 1050 dominator that has been reworked to flow 1150+ on a 565 with no problems. I use an inline throttle stop and the only suggestion is th make the secondaries 1:1 with the primaries. it will be more consisent on the stop.

Bob

Squirrell 08-31-2013 07:43 PM

Hi Bob, the car runs a Dedendear under carb stop. I have purchased the car complete but do not have it at my place yet to be able to check everything. Have you ever heard of Smith Brothers Chassis, they had a shop in the Massachusetts area. They built Pro Stock cars back in the .90's. I believe they sold out to some one but am unable to find out anything. The car i bought is a 1990 Beretta Pro Stock car built by Smith Bros. Thanks Patrick.

rodrocket 09-01-2013 05:27 AM

Patrick, talk to Colin he has his working well after he completed his 2 circuit conversion on his dominator

regards
Rod

Squirrell 09-01-2013 05:36 AM

Hi Rod, thanks, as i am new on here how do i find Colin ?. Again not sure of what i have until i get the car, about four and a half weeks before i take delivery of it. Thanks Patrick.

rodrocket 09-01-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirrell (Post 397544)
Hi Rod, thanks, as i am new on here how do i find Colin ?. Again not sure of what i have until i get the car, about four and a half weeks before i take delivery of it. Thanks Patrick.

check your phone :-)

Charlie Yannetti 09-01-2013 10:00 PM

I don't think that I actually know anyone that doesn't run a dominator in SG.. hopefully when you get the car, it will come with the log book and you will find all of the throttle stop settings in the book.. IF NOT, don't panic.. if I can do it, anyone can do it.. and don't be afraid to ask questions of your local SG racers.. that's how I'm still learning...

C and W Racing 09-03-2013 08:18 AM

The carb that most run would be a 1050, 3 circut that has been modified in the intermediate circut so as to be consistant on the stop. Most believe that anything bigger than a 1050 will suffer some with the signal coming thru the boosters coming off of the stop and consistancy will suffer. My engine made 1182 hp on the dyno and that was with a 1050
Chuck

Chuck Westcott 09-05-2013 05:54 PM

Chuck is very close on his assessment , How ever the trend is, my engine runs well on the stop with a 1250 Quick Fuels tuned Carb. My RPM's are dead on @4000 and my car runs fairly consistent- I just don't know how to drive anymore !