CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Atco , NJ - NHRA Lucas Oil Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=28754)

Chuck Westcott 09-29-2010 05:25 PM

Re: Live from Atco , NJ - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

Just arrived about and hour ago, White knuckled all the way through Philly. Glad to be here as this place is always awesome and the people ( Racers are Great ).
Just ordered a Sally Stars Sub for dinner, getting ready for the storm and a movie.

Jack Matyas 09-29-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Westcott (Post 213800)
Just arrived about and hour ago, White knuckled all the way through Philly. Glad to be here as this place is always awesome and the people ( Racers are Great ).
Just ordered a Sally Stars Sub for dinner, getting ready for the storm and a movie.

Chuck -- Batten down the hatches - its coming ..........Do you have any idea who Sally Starr is ????

Chuck Westcott 09-29-2010 05:52 PM

Jack,
Great to hear from you and yes I know who Sally Star was- I watched Her on TV in the late 50's and 60's just after Howdy Duty ! Sure gave away my age there.
I grew up in Audubon NJ before I left to explore the world.
Clouding up pretty good now !

thomas sheehan 09-29-2010 08:03 PM

Where's the "backway"....
where's the construction?

Ken Miele 09-29-2010 08:09 PM

Tom,

If your coming from route 73, your okay. If coming from route 206, then you will hit construction.

BKSG1198 09-29-2010 09:51 PM

Just got back from the track, the inside parking (past the gate) is about 70 to 80% full. Still some open spots past the speed shop by the sign but that maybe taken by now. On the outside part where the lone piece of asphalt is the trucks facing the gate is pretty much all taken up. Up against the old wooden grandstands are empty and nobody has braved to park in the dirt just yet. See everybody Friday and hopefully everyone brought their boat and a rain jacket for Thursday cause it's looking UGLY!!

Rob Keister
1194 &1198 S/G

Don Himes 09-30-2010 12:03 AM

Yo Chuck, it's Howdy Dowdy. Mr. Bluster told me to tell you!

Ken Miele 09-30-2010 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Since my over paid live reported is missing in action, I will give everyone a quick update on today's test and tune. I don't see it happening, it just started to rain again as I shot this picture of a warm and cloudy morning and the rain had stop for about an hour.

As soon as I walk into the MH is started to rain again.

The local weather calls for Friday clearing and a nice, but windy weekend.

danny waters sr 09-30-2010 08:08 AM

Not looking good .It has been raining steady and mostly hard for the last 3 days and our weatherman here on east coast of N.C says it is heading north. If you get anything close to what we have had here you will need a ship ,not a boat. (roads flooding and ponds and rivers starting to come onto some of our roads) Hope the weatherman is wrong so you guys can get in the race and send pics and gossip as usual..... and good luck to all....keep us updated........

Sal Biondo 09-30-2010 09:12 AM

Test session cancelled. Not sure where these reporters are?? Out to breakfast??

http://www.atcorace.com/