CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Atco , NJ - NHRA Lucas Oil Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=28754)

Michael Beard 10-03-2010 09:49 AM

Re: Live from Atco , NJ - NHRA Lucas Oil Series

1st pair of SST this morning, car in the right lane got loose past the 330' and went right, hitting the wall. After cleanup, 2nd pair out, car in the left lane got loose around 800' and had to lift.

We're on delay "to let the sun put some heat in the track". And now they're running the jet.

Lew Silverman 10-03-2010 10:02 AM

Michael,

Have you decided which lane you've taking? I want to make sure I'm on the right side of of starting line. :D

Lew

Lew Silverman 10-03-2010 10:30 AM

More down time - the wind and cold track is doing a number on the S/ST Cars.

Lew

danny waters sr 10-03-2010 10:59 AM

Just saw on another site ,racing cancelled and will run in 2 weeks . Is this true?

Bob Bender 10-03-2010 11:12 AM

DRC stated that it will be run on the 16-17 of Oct.

Ken Miele 10-03-2010 11:14 AM

The race has been canceled for today. They will finish the race in two weeks.

One SST car hit the wall mid track. a few more pair went out after running the dryer and another SST car rolled at the stripe. I have no details on why or who the drivers were.

Everyone is okay, but NHRA has decided its not safe to race and has postponed the race for 2 weeks.

danny waters sr 10-03-2010 11:42 AM

Here we go again ,right on top of IHRA finals and TOC. Makes no since to me. Some of these racers are in the TOC and in at Atco too....Bad for the racers who now have to make a choice. This shows how much some people care about their racers. Not thought out very good (or was it ?)

david ring 10-03-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny waters sr (Post 214346)
Here we go again ,right on top of IHRA finals and TOC. Makes no since to me. Some of these racers are in the TOC and in at Atco too....Bad for the racers who now have to make a choice. This shows how much some people care about their racers. Not thought out very good (or was it ?)

Danny,

Next week is the National at MG, and two weeks after that is the Dutch. That was the only weekend available, unless you want people to come back the first weekend in Nov, which of course would be a problem for any racer still in the Nat'l points chase and needing the last points race at vegas in Nov, to say nothing of how cold and dangerous the track would be in November.

jwsamuel 10-03-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny waters sr (Post 214346)

When would you do it?

Next weekend ( Oct. 9 & 10) is the Toyo Tires Nationals at Maple Grove.

The following weekend (Oct. 16 & 17) is an open weekend for NHRA in the Northeast Division.

The weekend after that (October 23 & 24) is the Dutch Classic at Maple Grove.

The weather forecasts called from rain beginning this evening through Tuesday, so staying over wasn't an option.

There really isn't any other time.

Jim

Jim Wahl 10-03-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bender (Post 214340)
DRC stated that it will be run on the 16-17 of Oct.

Another intelligent move from NHRA! Also that is the same weekend as the Points race at Silver Dollar in Reynolds! Do they ever check their own calenders? Jim