CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Factory Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Newbee Thinking bout this class (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=53131)

powerhead 05-18-2014 09:53 AM

Newbee Thinking bout this class

Sorta been thinking bout looking into a 15 Cobra Jet 429 (if available) and wondering whats the disadvantages or advantages of this class of racing. Really dont know much about NHRA been running NMRA/NMCA stuff . Is this a breakout class? What are you allowed todo to your car? Like Trannys? Heads? suspension.

Geerhead55 05-18-2014 09:59 PM

Re: Newbee Thinking bout this class

Wow,, are you getting ready to open a can of worms! There are a lot of rules in NHRA stock and SS as opposed to NMCA and NMRA. I don't know where you're located,, but my advice in this early going for you, would be to go to a divisional or national event and check out the superstock cars,, especially the Cobra Jet racers. You can pick their brains and get a feel for what all is involved, should you decide to participate in this style of racing,,, good luck on your choice.
Also,, a word of advice here on the forum, "Newbee",, don't be one of those no-namers. Go ahead and use your name,, you'll get more responses that way.
Danny Durham

Bill Harris 01-30-2015 11:11 AM

OK, stay calm, take a deep breath and slowly back away from the edge of the cliff. Then turn and RUN as fast as you can.

Jim Hanig 02-23-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill harris (Post 460301)
ok, stay calm, take a deep breath and slowly back away from the edge of the cliff. Then turn and run as fast as you can.

Tony Corley 02-24-2015 09:47 AM

It doesn't appear that he ever posted after the initial post, but if this is the same Team Powerhead from NMRA/NMCA, those guys were serious in the 10.5" N/A classes. I'm pretty sure they had the first N/A 10.5 Mustang in the 7's in NMRA/NMCA legal trim. In other words, they are not strangers to spending big money and lots of time racing in a class, lol.

Mark Yacavone 02-24-2015 05:02 PM

Tony, Then you're right .This will be easy for them..Take out the plastic or the checkbook
and tell everyone you're in a hurry for their services.
Doing this stuff all yourself is what's hard..That's why so few go that route anymore.

Tony Corley 02-24-2015 09:47 PM

I agree Mark. I personally enjoy the build process and the challenge of trying to make things work by myself.

Philip Saran 03-02-2015 10:53 PM

He probably already knows it, but nobody said it, plan on $100K
just to buy the car plu$, plu$ and plu$.

Tony Corley 03-03-2015 09:34 AM

Like I said earlier, if it is the same guys that I think it is, they would probably be saving money racing this class over what it appeared they were spending in NMRA/NMCA. If memory serves me correctly, they were fielding multiple cars at one time, in a class where engine costs easily surpass Comp Eliminator. I don't know them personally, just remember watching them race.