CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Support Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Rich Biebel (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=73077)

STONE BROKE RACING 05-19-2019 12:10 PM

Rich Biebel

Rich,I have an onan generator in my motorhome,I pulled the aux. battery to charge it over the winter. I just put it in and it has one lead to neg. side of battery and two leads to positive side . Cleaned all connections and started it . Unit runs fine,but NO electric power for said unit. I did check all fuses and breakers all seem and look good.Numbers on unit model etc. are 4kyfa26100b. Any suggestions as to the problem switches I might have over looked? Trying to make Div#1 points meet at Maple Grove this is my 1st time our this season. Oh my!!!!! Thanks in advance, I am done with Camping Would Service with this unit,no Onan Tech on site its sent out so you can't talk to a tech at all. Paul D. Ladd A100 P/SA 1965 Chevelle Wagon Red and White, "Call the Wagon" home phone is 1-856-848-7237 if you would like to call. P.S. Are you going to the Grove???

Rich Biebel 05-20-2019 12:25 PM

Re: Rich Biebel

Most Onan's will not stay running if it is not producing AC voltage.

They also will not stay running without a battery connected to them.

There is an AC breaker at the machine itself.....near the start stop switch....below or on the side of the rocker switch.

Start there....is it on ?

Next would be to try and find a place to check for AC output voltage as close to the machine as possible. Maybe a connection box is accessible near the machine.

You need to verify if the problem is the generator itself or a connection issue down stream from the generator....

If the generator is running and has no AC output downstream, I would get at the back of the breaker....

There is a plastic cover behind the breaker and the panel is removable...

I have seen those breakers go bad but usually not like this.

Don't assume there is no voltage there with it running......Electricity can kill you...…..

I wear rubber gloves a lot just for the added protection.....be safe testing it....

Yes I will be at MG and usually park along the tree line in the big field.....

If you cant find the trouble I am sure I can find some time to take a look for you....

STONE BROKE RACING 05-20-2019 02:52 PM

Re: Rich Biebel

Rich,thank you for reply, yes the breaker is on and I did turn it off and on twice. Still nothing and as my ref. I use the clock for microwave to see if its got power. I have my motorhome and trailer at a storage area as no room at my home,at48ft total,well you know!!!!! Electric and I really don't mesh so not to have to many hands in soup,I'll just come up and if you have time to look at the unit that will be excellent. I do park in that same field accross from Sunoco Fuel Station their at the track. Bob Bender is a good friend of mine so I may be parked by him also. Look forward to seeing and meeting you. Beer Coors Lite served also along with cash for your services,thank you. Paul D.Ladd A100 Stock P/SA