CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" Virginia Motorsports Park (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=65969)

Ken Miele 04-19-2017 07:15 PM

"Live From" Virginia Motorsports Park

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone,

I know its only Wednesday, but in D1 most tracks open on Wednesday for parking. Tomorrow there is a test and tune from 12 to 6 pm. The weather for tomorrow and Friday look to be okay as far as rain goes, Saturday and Sunday is another story. Hopefully it will hold off long enough to get everything in. Tomorrow I am not testing so I will try to get some in car videos.

Coleydog 04-19-2017 07:24 PM

Re: "Live From" Virginia Motorsports Park

Hope the rain holds off I want to see some cars

MikeMoller 04-19-2017 07:51 PM

The schedule doesn't list any tech happening Thursday. Is this true? With stock out at 8.30 am Friday, that doesn't leave much time to get teched in.

Larry Hill 04-20-2017 08:05 AM

Ken how about a copy of the fastest time slips from: J. Boudreau, T. Hess, D. Ficacci, S. Gove, G. Richards, and anyone else entered in A/SA.

Inquisitive mines want to know.

Ken Miele 04-20-2017 03:01 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Mike NHRA tech is open today. Larry, not sure how it will go over with the driver if I ask them for their time slip.

Dave Ficacci went a 10.05 at 130. Todd Hoven driving the Barton Carp Coronet went a 9.77 at 133. I'm not sure of the weights but I think they are at A weights. I have not seen any other A cars go down. Temps are In the low 80's. The DA is about 2500ft

Ken Miele 04-20-2017 09:20 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Testing is over for the day. I did not get a chance to watch much racing today. I was a little busy work on a friends car. I did a video of Todd Hoven. I think his best run was a 9.76, Ficacci went a best of 9.94 at 132. Jim Boudreau went a 10.11 I believe. I was thinking that they were all at A weight, but Jims run seems a little off, so he probably was at B weight.

Tomorrow looks to be the best day weather wise, but that's not saying much, the forecast looks grim for the rest of the week.

Larry Hill 04-21-2017 07:19 AM

From the video it looks like Carp car can go a little quicker. With the better weather today a .05 sec improvement would be conservative. It would be a treat for all of us to see the Carp car go some low 9.70's today.

Jim Bailey 04-21-2017 07:58 AM

I agree Larry ... especially if the Carp Car is at, or near A weight. We need a "scale" spy.

Ken Miele 04-21-2017 08:18 AM

Good morning everyone. The sky's are clear and the temp is in the low 70's. I hoping the weather predictions are wrong for the day, and judging how nice it is right now they may be.

They just called Stock to the lanes. As far as weight goes on Todd Hoven, I was told that's classified info.

Ed Carpenter 04-21-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 532654)
From the video it looks like Carp car can go a little quicker. With the better weather today a .05 sec improvement would be conservative. It would be a treat for all of us to see the Carp car go some low 9.70's today.

Larry you're not saying you want to see him go fast enough for hp on Tuesday are you.....lol.......😏.......that wouldn't be right........lol