CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kevin helms new crew chief at dsr (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68911)

James Perrone 02-07-2018 11:23 AM

Re: Kevin Helms new crew chief at DSR

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkjack (Post 555345)
Doesn't the DSR announcement bother anyone? That is, big money is already making inroads to sportsman style racing. What does this spell for the future of factory racecars for the well-off retiree?

The money is already to big for us common folks. No issues
They are separated from sportsman have there own class. Good Luc Kevin

Kevin McKenna 02-07-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkjack (Post 555345)
Doesn't the DSR announcement bother anyone? That is, big money is already making inroads to sportsman style racing. What does this spell for the future of factory racecars for the well-off retiree?

Not in the least. It adds even more credibility to an already exciting class. Besides, scan the current entry list. There's already a handful of players who can go pound-for-pound with DSR when it comes to financial resources.

It's awfully hard to legislate what someone can spend on a project in terms of time, effort, and dollars. For now, I'm just thrilled we have 28 cars on the Gainesville entry list and it will probably by 32 (or more) by the time we're done.

HR9121 02-07-2018 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McKenna (Post 555403)
Not in the least. It adds even more credibility to an already exciting class. Besides, scan the current entry list. There's already a handful of players who can go pound-for-pound with DSR when it comes to financial resources.

It's awfully hard to legislate what someone can spend on a project in terms of time, effort, and dollars. For now, I'm just thrilled we have 28 cars on the Gainesville entry list and it will probably by 32 (or more) by the time we're done.

I tend to agree with Kevin I don't think there are alot of guys in the Shootout races on a shoestring budget.

Mike Schwartz 02-08-2018 01:57 AM

Re: Kevin helms new crew chief at dsr

DSR has some bucks. It wouldn't hurt to tender an offer to Danica Patrick and see if she has the spare time to stay involved in some low-stress racing post-NASCAR..

Mike Pearson 02-08-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schwartz (Post 555472)
DSR has some bucks. It wouldn't hurt to tender an offer to Danica Patrick and see if she has the spare time to stay involved in some low-stress racing post-NASCAR..

That would be a cool idea. NHRA is definitely more female friendly than NASCAR. It would bring more media attention for sure for the class. The class looks real popular right now with good car count. It will be interesting to see how many cars they get in the future. I am betting it will take an 8.20 run to get in the program

Mike Jones 02-08-2018 11:28 AM

I think when the pro stock folks start to get onboard and they relax some rules, (10 in. tire?) the race to the 6`s begins. It is just what the sport needs. Factory marketing involvement and performance to put the audience on their feet.
Mike A114

Kevin McKenna 02-08-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Interesting thought but I think I'd rather see Dale Jr or Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart if we're going that route. (Besides, the current DSR driver actually wins races).

As for the suggestion about changing tire rules. No way. The 9 inch tire is a big part of what makes these cars special.

My 2 cents

Mark Faul 02-08-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

I'm not so sure many people would want to have her lined up in the other lane! LOL
Congrats Kevin on the new position.

Jesse Kershaw 02-08-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McKenna (Post 555507)
As for the suggestion about changing tire rules. No way. The 9 inch tire is a big part of what makes these cars special.

My 2 cents

I agree 100%. I definitely would not go bigger but I know there are racers and manufacturer reps that support a bigger tire so I wouldn't be shocked if it changed.

Todd Hoven 02-08-2018 03:31 PM

To change from the 9” tire would be a crutch for the other teams that can’t get down the track consistently. The 9” tire makes it a tuners game and not all about the power and money. Leave the class the way it’s layed out and let them race. Long as tech is applied evenly, it should be a great competitive season and anybody’s race