CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Input on Stk/SS ladders in Class Eliminations (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=65903)

Sean Cour 04-15-2017 11:19 AM

Re: Input on Stk/SS ladders in Class Eliminations

We're all adults here.....well, most of us. I think we can pair ourselves per the q sheet hanging on the trailer door/window. Keep it the same and police the pairings ourselves. It's really not that hard.

Don Turk 04-15-2017 11:36 AM

Would leave alone and ladder the cars for Class Eliminations. Need to have resources to manage the race on staff

Don

Wayne Totaro 04-15-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Noland (Post 532168)
There's no reason to change anything. The ladders have helped tremendously with keeping peace in the lanes. Nhra simply has to assign a person with the responsibility of getting the ladders out in good order and in a timely fashion. This does not mean that this would be the worker's only job during the race. If they can't seem to get it right they could farm the job out to one of the software companies like Portatree. The racers could get a text with the ladders when their category is called up. There is no reason for this to be as difficult as they have made it.

I agree 100% If it is not broke, don't fix it!!!

Mark Yacavone 04-15-2017 12:20 PM

Sounds to me like they're just trying to knock someone else off the payroll.
Meanwhile, they're turning away class cars that want to pay and race with them.
Should get more for your money..not less.
NO!

Ed Carpenter 04-15-2017 12:48 PM

Maybe nhra should give Bobby Fazio a call he can help them with ladders........

SS3718 04-15-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Cour (Post 532196)
We're all adults here.....well, most of us. I think we can pair ourselves per the q sheet hanging on the trailer door/window. Keep it the same and police the pairings ourselves. It's really not that hard.

I agree with Sean. One would think the racers can handle things accordingly! It would also be nice if we could run class in the correct order at the US Nationals (ie...GT/MA, GT/LA, GT/KA, etc). However, for some reason, we're not able to do that ourselves! It baffles me every year!

Bob Mulry 04-15-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bailey (Post 532182)
HOW ABOUT THIS - Just to make things simpler (faster) for the sanctioning bodies - Why don't we register our cars at the beginning of each year !... You must declare the year, make , and model, and THE CLASS you're running for that year. Then you get you a certification sticker - No changes until January 1 the following year. LMFAO ......

I kind of like the sound of this.......

Sortta like putting your dial in on your car for the whole weekend.....

Brett C 04-15-2017 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bailey (Post 532182)
HOW ABOUT THIS - Just to make things simpler (faster) for the sanctioning bodies - Why don't we register our cars at the beginning of each year !... You must declare the year, make , and model, and THE CLASS you're running for that year. Then you get you a certification sticker - No changes until January 1 the following year. LMFAO ......

What happens when HP adjustments change the class you were in?

Bruce Noland 04-15-2017 10:58 PM

Most cars can run three or more classes and this business of staying in the class you enter won't work. The person in charge of the qualifying sheets and ladders will have access to all our information at the credentials trailer. There's also plenty of time to check the first round of qualifying against the entry list. In most cases there will only be a few changes. Leave it alone.

BRINK 04-16-2017 12:28 PM

Leave it alone, leave it to beaver, and bring back red !!!
Especially, bring back red.