CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   “Live” from Gainesville 2018 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69202)

Larry Hill 03-05-2018 07:21 PM

“Live” from Gainesville 2018

Well we are not there yet! We are still in Belle Rose doing some maintenance things! We plan to leave first thing in the morning and drive the 603 miles straight through.

If anybody knows what’s happening there, please post and let us know. They said we could stack tomorrow and stay in our motor home so that is what we plan to do. Then we park on Wednesday where we will stay through the Gators!

Don Kennedy 03-05-2018 07:34 PM

Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 557492)
Well we are not there yet! We are still in Belle Rose doing some maintenance things! We plan to leave first thing in the morning and drive the 603 miles straight through.

If anybody knows what’s happening there, please post and let us know. They said we could stack tomorrow and stay in our motor home so that is what we plan to do. Then we park on Wednesday where we will stay through the Gators!

If by Chance i can get into the Gators what is the Schedule for the latest to tech for the points meet ? Saturday ? Friday?

Chuck Westcott 03-05-2018 07:38 PM

Parking is set to begin Wednesday @ 8am- S/Gas and S/Comp -S/Stock will be parked on the Road Course- East Side- No Saving Spots anywhere so they said.
Have a Good trip.

PJ305 03-05-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Westcott (Post 557495)
Parking is set to begin Wednesday @ 8am- S/Gas and S/Comp -S/Stock will be parked on the Road Course- East Side- No Saving Spots anywhere so they said.
Have a Good trip.

Well I drove by today and over 75 rigs are in line and were told to form 3 lines and parking will start Tuesday at 8:00am . I went by the Facebook post and will arrive at 8:00am in the morning! I have been in a campground for over a week only to find out I will be at least 100 in line. Thank you very much Div2 for your misinformation! I went by again at 6:15 and all gates are locked, so I guess tomorrow at 8:00am I might be able to get in. THANKS AGAIN Div2

Chuck Westcott 03-05-2018 08:30 PM

I got that Info from Rich-- Divisional Director ! This Evening.
It's posted on their Facebook Page.

PJ305 03-05-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Westcott (Post 557500)
I got that Info from Rich-- Divisional Director ! This Evening.
It's posted on their Facebook Page.

Their Facebook page said no racers are allowed to to stay in stacking until Tuesday, so why are so many allowed to cut ahead of the racers that obeyed their post on Facebook?

Ken Miele 03-05-2018 09:04 PM

Patsy, I am in line. They told us we could leave our rigs but we could not stay overnight, but many did. The gates were open in the morning and then closed at night between 5 and 6. We are here at our own risk and would not be able to get back in after 5 or 6.

There were about a dozen rigs left here from the Orlando race. There are another 50 or so in line with most people staying with there rigs that are in line. I don't think they are happy we got here so early but they did not through us out.

They will let people stack tomorrow with no issues, just pull in like it was a national, they said they are parking through the back gate on Wednesday.

Don Kennedy 03-06-2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Miele (Post 557502)
Patsy, I am in line. They told us we could leave our rigs but we could not stay overnight, but many did. The gates were open in the morning and then closed at night between 5 and 6. We are here at our own risk and would not be able to get back in after 5 or 6.

There were about a dozen rigs left here from the Orlando race. There are another 50 or so in line with most people staying with there rigs that are in line. I don't think they are happy we got here so early but they did not through us out.

They will let people stack tomorrow with no issues, just pull in like it was a national, they said they are parking through the back gate on Wednesday.

are the Pits that bad at the Gators? I have not been there since the early 80s>What are the issues ?

Ken Miele 03-06-2018 10:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 557516)
are the Pits that bad at the Gators? I have not been there since the early 80s>What are the issues ?

The pits are fine, no issues.

Good morning all, there are 65 rigs in line. Not many came in when the track opened this morning. The weather is nice, sunny and warm. Today is just a stacking day, tomorrow we park. The weather looks to be a little cooler this week, with highs in the low 60's and some rain late Sunday.

HR9121 03-06-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 557516)

Don the only issue with pits is if there is overflow it goes to the roadcourse track. It is quite a distance to staging from there. I heard the area of woods between the regular pits and the roadcourse were wetlands so might explain why they don't expand the pits.
Another tidbit for anyone traveling down, I have not confirmed this but was told if a driver is seen holding a cell phone in Florida by a policeman it is a $250 fine. This does not apply to the race track only public right away.😉
I plan to be down Thursday, hopefully there's still room to park!

Don Kennedy 03-06-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 557522)
Don the only issue with pits is if there is overflow it goes to the roadcourse track. It is quite a distance to staging from there. I heard the area of woods between the regular pits and the roadcourse were wetlands so might explain why they don't expand the pits.
Another tidbit for anyone traveling down, I have not confirmed this but was told if a driver is seen holding a cell phone in Florida by a policeman it is a $250 fine. This does not apply to the race track only public right away.😉

Is the road from the road course dirt?

Mack Reeves 03-06-2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 557522)

"Cooter", I live in Florida and have never heard of that law.. I'm not saying it not there but I have never heard of it.. That being said if you are stopped for another violation and were on the phone non hands free they can write you for distracted driving.. That's my interpretation of the law... Hopefully we have a trooper or sheriff's dept. on here to clear this up... I will ask my wife tonight... She was a Dep..Sheriff for over 20 years. She will also know...

Nmbr1GMfan 03-06-2018 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 557532)

Last I knew, either way out of the road course to staging there were sections of dirt you traveled on.

Larry Hill 03-06-2018 05:57 PM

Are the cocktails poured yet?? We will be there shortly after leaving Belle Rose at 5:45 am!

James Perrone 03-06-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 557532)

You don’t get pavement and Gainesville your a sportsman racer. Grass dirt gravel
If it rains mud and puddles no extra charge oh and Fire Ants also

Dan Bernay 03-06-2018 06:19 PM

Ya know what! Quit bitching about parking at the Gators, I'll change places with you any day, I'm up here in Conecticut waiting for 12 iches of snow!!😎😂

Mike Pearson 03-06-2018 06:27 PM

Actually the road course area is some nice pit area. The roads are paved in that area and the grass is real nice. Other than being so far to the staging and the gravel road through the woods its not bad. It is remote and you don't feel like you are part of the event parked way out there. As I remember the radio reception was not very good out there and I have never been able to figure out the text to staging thing.

Mark Yacavone 03-06-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Bernay (Post 557549)
Ya know what! Quit bitching about parking at the Gators, I'll change places with you any day, I'm up here in Conecticut waiting for 12 iches of snow!!😎😂

I'm not. Why are you ???

HR9121 03-06-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack Reeves (Post 557533)
"Cooter", I live in Florida and have never heard of that law.. I'm not saying it not there but I have never heard of it.. That being said if you are stopped for another violation and were on the phone non hands free they can write you for distracted driving.. That's my interpretation of the law... Hopefully we have a trooper or sheriff's dept. on here to clear this up... I will ask my wife tonight... She was a Dep..Sheriff for over 20 years. She will also know...

Mack the person that told me said the law was just passed, I will investigate this later tonight.

Mack Reeves 03-06-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 557555)
Mack the person that told me said the law was just passed, I will investigate this later tonight.

“Cooter” I just talked to my wife and she did a scan on the Florida DOT and there is no law in Florida against talking on a cell phone in your hand. The Florida House just passed a law against texting while driving but the Senate has not even voted on it. So she says you can talk all you want. Hope this clears it up. Mack

PJ305 03-06-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Miele (Post 557518)
The pits are fine, no issues.

Good morning all, there are 65 rigs in line. Not many came in when the track opened this morning. The weather is nice, sunny and warm. Today is just a stacking day, tomorrow we park. The weather looks to be a little cooler this week, with highs in the low 60's and some rain late Sunday.

Not many came in this morning because fellow racers decided to ignore what was said at Orlando and posted on Div2 Facebook and cut in front of the racers that did the right thing! The parking guy gave numbers to the racers that honored the Div2 Directors instructions, so do we park first or do the racers that didn't follow the rules get a free pass? It's about time someone from NHRA does the right thing and shows they want our business!

Larry Hill 03-06-2018 10:12 PM

We got here about 5:30 and we are # 55. So I guess those 60 or so rigs that do not have a number are going to move out of the way and let all of us in first! We all know that’s gonna happen!

Jim and Pam Marshall walked from the road course to starting line and back to road course and it was 2.2 miles. I guess we will be towing our stockers up like we had to do at Chicago a few years ago when we had to park at the NASCAR track. That was the last time we have been to Chicago! Could be our last trip here, too!

HR9121 03-06-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack Reeves (Post 557560)
“Cooter” I just talked to my wife and she did a scan on the Florida DOT and there is no law in Florida against talking on a cell phone in your hand. The Florida House just passed a law against texting while driving but the Senate has not even voted on it. So she says you can talk all you want. Hope this clears it up. Mack

Mack your wife is correct! I wish I would've read this before I spent the last hour scanning the world wide web lol.

Jim Wahl 03-06-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack Reeves (Post 557533)

Heard on the radio on the way to Gville its a new law just implemented on Monday. It’s for real. $250. Jim

Charley Downing 03-07-2018 12:26 AM

Wtf is wrong with all of you. Are we really crying about who got to get in line first for the points meet?
First You guys want higher quotes at nationals now your bitching about parking.

tpoh815 03-07-2018 06:41 AM

Lots of "hearsay" in these comments as well! Enjoy.

Dan Bernay 03-07-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 557551)
I'm not. Why are you ???

Just wishing I was far away from this weather, thats all😊

Mike Jones 03-07-2018 10:43 AM

Dan,
Mark is just showing off his good climate sense, in leaving Ct., for us to admire:cool:
Mike

richie 2 03-07-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley Downing (Post 557583)
Wtf is wrong with all of you. Are we really crying about who got to get in line first for the points meet?

I agree...get in line.

Don Kennedy 03-07-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley Downing (Post 557583)

Ole Great Charley > My wife and I went to a restaurant last night got Parked er i mean got a Booth near the toilets I left> the booth was old and the chair was broken and uneven .lol

Charley Downing 03-07-2018 12:04 PM

I’m to young to worry about crap like parking. I’m more worried about dialing my car and trying to win some rounds. (key word TRYING)
but you can’t complain about not getting in then. It’s either low quotes and haft ***** parking spots or higher quotes and ****ty/crappy parking spots. 75% of us are there to race, you guys that show up three days before a pts meet can worry about parking. See everyone there on Friday sometime.

Jim Wahl 03-07-2018 01:28 PM

Here ya go Charles.... the weather is nice, the sky is clear as a bell. There’s a killer tail wind all weekend. The brats are on the grill. Life is good🤓

HR9121 03-07-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Wahl (Post 557607)
Here ya go Charles.... the weather is nice, the sky is clear as a bell. There’s a killer tail wind all weekend. The brats are on the grill. Life is good🤓

You forgot the BEER is COLD! 🍺

Ken Miele 03-07-2018 01:50 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Everyone that was inline is now parked, but many are not happy. I heard there were about 4 or 5 racers that are pulling out of the National. They will run the divisional where you are allowed to park on the black top inside the track for just the division race.

Its a tough call for NHRA I quess with a 100 more entry's than last year. The road course is a nice place to park, its flat and has paved roads for the most part, but its very far away. I would think that they would have put Top Sportsman and Top Dragster on the road course since they tow their cars. The usual spots for the sportsman cars that arrive early are now for Top classes only.

Unfortunately its made so many racer unhappy, but I guess there are worse things in life to worry about. No reason to get here early if your a ss, stk, sg and sc car, there are no spots available for early bird inside the track.

Here are a few shots of the racers that are out today.

Crew Chief 03-07-2018 02:46 PM

Since the road course is so far away from the rest of the pits, is there any security when the cars are running?

Jake Sealey 03-07-2018 03:07 PM

Does anyone have any pictures of the road course area?

jimmyparker 03-07-2018 03:34 PM

Jake, search Gainesville Raceway on Google Earth and you can see the full layout.

Mark Lewis 03-07-2018 03:45 PM

Is there any asphalt parking left for racers just running the Divisional?

James Perrone 03-07-2018 04:08 PM

Wow. I didn’t understand the situation about the pits
Going a mile just to get to the lanes Plus you make a run ad 1/2 a mile to your trip
Rumor has it they gonna charge a toll to get a time slip and scale
Dam glad my stuffs apart. Good Luck to all. We be watching

Jake Sealey 03-07-2018 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is from Google Earth. Every inch is 500ft. I got around 14,500ft round trip, so roughly 2.75 miles.