CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Dime Rocket- DNQ (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=58130)

Mark Yacavone 05-25-2015 08:49 PM

Dime Rocket- DNQ

1 Attachment(s)
Okay..What's this misleading title really about?

Well, a few years back, when Billy started the Dime Rocket threads, we decided that turbo cars and FWD's weren't eligible, seeing that it was too easy to make them run under the index.

I do agree with that premise..but what Billy didn't tell you is that it takes about 40 years of doing this for it to be easy.

Anyway , this project is a DF/S car , and it did run 1.05 under the NHRA index on the second pass the other night...
A friend (who some of you might know) and I started on it in January.

Easy does it ...and I'll be glad to answer any inquiries about it if anyone cares to hear it.

I did take a few pictures along the way, but did not document every nut and bolt,..but I think I remember them...

MikeMoller 05-25-2015 09:43 PM

Re: Dime Rocket- DNQ

Mark, how 'bout some basic info - Monte Carlo? Engine? year?

Mark Yacavone 05-25-2015 09:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMoller (Post 471657)
Mark, how 'bout some basic info - Monte Carlo? Engine? year?

Okay..It's a 2003 3.4 60 degree Chevy V6 LA1 option (207 ci)
Not a totally original idea, but first in this body style and weight, I believe.
Before I forget..Blueprinted NHRA spec heads by Kadar Performance ..
PM me , or see Facebook

Billy Nees 05-26-2015 07:17 AM

So is it time to open the "Dime Rocket" deal to ANY combo? I'm OK with that. I'm OK with anything that gets people out to the races!
We could have a 3.4 Monte Carlo vs. Turbo Sunbird C/FS Matchrace! Loser buys the hotdogs.
I'm not quite sure that Tibors prices fall into the "Dime Rocket" range though. Maybe this thing is a "ringer"?

GTOMayhem 05-26-2015 08:11 AM

Mark,

PM sent.

Rick Thomason
GTOMayhem

Mark Yacavone 05-26-2015 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 471692)
So is it time to open the "Dime Rocket" deal to ANY combo? I'm OK with that. I'm OK with anything that gets people out to the races!
We could have a 3.4 Monte Carlo vs. Turbo Sunbird C/FS Matchrace! Loser buys the hotdogs.
I'm not quite sure that Tibors prices fall into the "Dime Rocket" range though. Maybe this thing is a "ringer"?

Ha. This thing is going in DF/S and staying there, once we get the weight installed where it belongs. (except maybe the IHRA 16.30 class ;-) ).
We have a family connection at Kadar Performance, so I don't know the pricing, but actually these heads needed to be straightened out anyway. Someone did a "valve job" on them last year,and carved them up pretty bad..Had to throw the valves away.
These heads are literally laying on the ground at the U pull it yards.
A little 3 angle , mill for cc's, and pop some new Comp beehive springs on them, and I don't believe they'd be too bad.

Dennis P Chapman 05-26-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 471692)

Hey can I get in on that lol

Mark Yacavone 05-26-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis P Chapman (Post 471765)
Hey can I get in on that lol

Nope!

Dennis P Chapman 05-26-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 471780)
Nope!

You guys are no fun lol.................... good luck with new car.

Mark Yacavone 05-26-2015 09:22 PM

Thanks!
Yup, we'll stay in D , and away from the turbo cars...They're too easy haha