CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Shipping info using Fastenal (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=72788)

Greg Barsamian 04-15-2019 06:13 AM

Shipping info using Fastenal

Who do you contact to ship with Fastenal?
I recall reading "whatever you ship needs to fit on a pallet"?

Will Fastenal secure parts to a pallet?
is there any weight restrictions?

Any info would be appreciated?
e-mail: ghbar@aol.com

Thanks
Greg

ss3011 04-15-2019 08:27 AM

Re: Shipping info using Fastenal

I asked about their shipping at my local Fastenal , and the guy handed me a flyer that explains the whole process . They may have that flyer on the Fastenal website .

SSDiv6 04-15-2019 12:13 PM

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-(...rty-logistics)

4406mopar 04-17-2019 08:25 PM

You get it ready to ship. They do nothing. Everything on a pallet so they can move it with a forklift. Can be on open pallet but they will not insure it. Needs to be in an enclosed pallet box to have insirance. You can enclose a pallet easily.

They urs fork lifts and semi trucks, how much weight do you have?

Go to the website and enter in all info for a quote. You will need size and weight.

The local guy chewed me out for suggesting they would haul my freight,

Grover 04-17-2019 08:50 PM

Have used them to get a diff housing shipped from Texas to Upstate Ny. Pretty straight forward, used the website listed above, not the fastest but reliable. Hardest thing was finding someone to pick up from seller, strap to a pallet and drop at fastenall in Texas. Took mine less than 2 weeks.

1347 04-18-2019 07:22 AM

I had an engine block and heads shipped from the west coast. The seller showed up at Fastenal with the block and heads and ratchet straps, and the Fastenal dealer gave him a pallet from out back, He helped him strap it on with and they shipped it. He had already figured out the weight by adding the weight of a pallet to his parts, and we rounded up, so when he showed up he already had a shipping number that I provided. I paid for the shipping when I picked it up on my end. I am very happy with using them, and have used them several times with success.

Rsmith38 04-18-2019 08:31 AM

You might also look at Forward Air. They go airport to airport with a pallet. Used them to ship complete rear axle from Boston to lousiana years back.

ken robinson 04-18-2019 09:37 AM

Did they have the metal banding to fasten your box to the pallet ?

GrapeApe7575 04-25-2019 07:02 PM

I can handle all of your parts shipping folks for anything too large to go via small package carrier(UPS or Fedex). You must properly prepare the pallet, preferably in a crate with a lid, but open pallets are acceptable if properly banded and/or secured to the pallet. I ship engines, transmissions, rear ends, every day all over the country. My rates may not be the lowest but nobody gives your stuff more care and oversight than Lynn Forwarding.

If you need a quote just give me a call or email Mark.Kirby@lynnforwarding.com or (909) 438-1345. Be ready for a lecture about how to pack and secure your stuff to the pallet. It will help me sleep at night while your stuff is moving.....

T Ames 04-25-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrapeApe7575 (Post 587498)
I can handle all of your parts shipping folks for anything too large to go via small package carrier(UPS or Fedex). You must properly prepare the pallet, preferably in a crate with a lid, but open pallets are acceptable if properly banded and/or secured to the pallet. I ship engines, transmissions, rear ends, every day all over the country. My rates may not be the lowest but nobody gives your stuff more care and oversight than Lynn Forwarding.

If you need a quote just give me a call or email Mark.Kirby@lynnforwarding.com or (909) 438-1345. Be ready for a lecture about how to pack and secure your stuff to the pallet. It will help me sleep at night while your stuff is moving.....

X2-. Mark has shipped engine assemblies, blocks, etc.for me on a number of occasions. Always been delivered as promised, in excellent condition, and good pricing. Oh yeah, lectures for free! Highly recommend Mark!