CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Year End Power For S/SS (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71531)

Larry Hill 11-16-2018 11:03 AM

Year End Power For S/SS

I think the 15 Camaro automatic @ 365 hp will go to 370 hp and make the car A, B, and C in stock.

Brett C 11-16-2018 12:57 PM

Re: Year End Power For S/SS

When do they publish Mr. Larry?

Jim Kaekel 11-16-2018 01:09 PM

Usually on the Friday right before the X-mas break. Kind of like the same mindset companies use when they fire somebody nowadays.

Larry Hill 11-16-2018 01:09 PM

The last day NHRA works before the Christmas break, I think. It kinda give everyone time to relax before NHRA get swamped with calls.

Angelo DiTocco 11-17-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Kaekel (Post 577083)
Usually on the Friday right before the X-mas break. Kind of like the same mindset companies use when they fire somebody nowadays.

LMAO - so true

BG56 11-17-2018 09:07 AM

"Document Dump"

Bruce Noland 11-17-2018 11:32 AM

Not sure about the hit because it looks like some were trying to drag the average down at the end of the year.

HR9121 11-17-2018 01:49 PM

Well if my math is correct we won't be on the list thanks to Chris Ashley. She did her job at Vegas to get us off the hook, but we shouldn't have been on the hook if it wasn't for a couple of unnecessary runs made at St Louis division race.......

Larry Hill 11-17-2018 02:14 PM

Bruce it looks like they forgot about the C/SA average, it's -896 under. Uncle Al went two runs of a second under at Pomona causing it to be reviewed. Or did the Camaro boys just wanted to run "A/SA" ?

Bruce Noland 11-17-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 577138)
Bruce it looks like they forgot about the C/SA average, it's -896 under. Uncle Al went two runs of a second under at Pomona causing it to be reviewed. Or did the Camaro boys just wanted to run "A/SA" ?

Larry, I missed the C/SA average. But Jeff did tell some folks in the lanes at Indy that there was a lot of interest in getting those cars into A/SA.

Race Clean 11-17-2018 04:12 PM

3130 pound Car in A ,thats gonna beat up on the competition
Are the NHRA shipping weights anywere close to a showroom vehicle?

Bruce Noland 11-17-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Clean (Post 577141)
3130 pound Car in A ,thats gonna beat up on the competition
Are the NHRA shipping weights anywere close to a showroom vehicle?

No they are not. They are fraudsters! They try to claim that much of the weight reduction comes from removal of extraneous equipment which is bogus. They make no attempt to argue that the HP numbers are correct.

Larry Hill 11-18-2018 08:45 AM

The Camaro that ran 9.98 in C/SA at Indy in 2800' air will go, I think, high 9.40's to low 9.50's at the Baby Gators on a good day in A/SA.

Will there be any Class cars racing class at the 50th Gators?

Billy Nees 11-18-2018 09:42 AM

Ed Wright 11-18-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 577170)

Oh, come on Billy!
Thought I was going to read a good one. LOL

Bruce Noland 11-18-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 577169)
The Camaro that ran 9.98 in C/SA at Indy in 2800' air will go, I think, high 9.40's to low 9.50's at the Baby Gators on a good day in A/SA.

Will there be any Class cars racing class at the 50th Gators?

Jeff said the car he was driving could run 9.40's in B/SA if it was set on kill. Not sure if he meant at Indy.

Billy Nees 11-18-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wright (Post 577171)
Oh, come on Billy!
Thought I was going to read a good one. LOL

Aww shucks Ed, now I feel bad.
2015 Camaro shipping wts. depending on options; 3702-4374. (includes Conv.)
Now, just for comparisons sake,
2013 Challenger shipping wts. depending on options; 3834-4170.
What I'd love to know is how the shipping wt. of a Hellcat just managed to be 4500 lbs.? Just enough to get it into AA and A!
Rather than asking about a 3130 lb. Camaro in A, what would it be like trying to stop a 5000 lb. Hellcat in A?

Ed Wright 11-18-2018 06:47 PM

Longtime friend of mine sent me a video of his son's new Hellcat. I am not aware of his son ever drag racing before. Just like he bought it, not an experienced driver, here at Tulsa (slow track) it went 10.95. Just like he drives it on the street. Fast cars.

Jeff Teuton 11-18-2018 07:41 PM

I have a Hellcat motor on the dyno that we finally got started after 3 months. Made good power, and I have a car, but I ain't goin that fast @ 5000 lbs. Just asking for trouble. I think NHRA should put a reasonable weight on all the cars and start at a 6 lb or so class.4700 lbs to 5000 lbs is overkill. There is a lot of weight on those cars. Probably 500 lbs in wheels, tires, and brakes just for starters.

Mepprecht 11-18-2018 09:30 PM

Anyone interested in telling me if they think I’d be getting Hp this year?

1994 Chevy caprice 265 p/sa. Any more info I’ll find some more lol

HR9121 11-18-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mepprecht (Post 577216)
Anyone interested in telling me if they think I’d be getting Hp this year?

1994 Chevy caprice 265 p/sa. Any more info I’ll find some more lol

Mike I assume you didn't make any runs after the Charlotte race this year. If you didn't you're safe, your average up to that point was .841 under.

Bruce Noland 11-18-2018 09:37 PM

All of these new cars should be put in the guide with the advertised horsepower and correct shipping weight.

Mepprecht 11-19-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 577217)
Mike I assume you didn't make any runs after the Charlotte race this year. If you didn't you're safe, your average up to that point was .841 under.

You’re correct. Thanks for double checking for me. I’d call that close!!

nhramnl 11-19-2018 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Kaekel (Post 577083)

GM takes a slightly kinder approach, but still uses the Holidays as the target timeframe. They've announced that they'll be reducing headcount by 20 percent across the board, in the month of January. I'm long gone from GM, but a buddy of mine who still works there tells me that everybody who's still there is joking "Have a great Holiday season, but keep the receipts on the toys for the kids, because you may not have a job to come back to".

terry1 11-19-2018 07:57 AM

What is the average/threshold that would prompt a HP increase?
Terry K

Larry Hill 11-19-2018 08:16 AM

Ahfs

HR9121 11-19-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry1 (Post 577236)
What is the average/threshold that would prompt a HP increase?
Terry K

Terry the magic number is .850 under. If a combo is flagged by 2 or more runs of 1.00 under in a review period and the average is more than .85 under you're getting a present.

X-TECH MAN 11-19-2018 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Noland (Post 577218)
All of these new cars should be put in the guide with the advertised horsepower and correct shipping weight.

LOL......"ROTS of RUCK" on that !

Albert Lee 11-19-2018 10:13 AM

^^^^^

I've never heard of a 1.10 under rule.

Al Corda

terry1 11-19-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 577241)
Terry the magic number is .850 under. If a combo is flagged by 2 or more runs of 1.00 under in a review period and the average is more than .85 under you're getting a present. One run of 1.10 or more is an automatic review.

Thanks James for the info.
So, if I had a couple of .9's under and there was other runs of .5's under
(for my combo) , as long as the average is less than .85 all SHOULD be good??
TK

HR9121 11-19-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albert Lee (Post 577245)
^^^^^

I've never heard of a 1.10 under rule.

Al Corda

You're right Al, not sure where I got that from but I deleted it.

HR9121 11-19-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry1 (Post 577256)
Thanks James for the info.
So, if I had a couple of .9's under and there was other runs of .5's under
(for my combo) , as long as the average is less than .85 all SHOULD be good??
TK

Yes sir that is correct and as long as no one triggers a review it doesn't matter what the average is.

Don Kennedy 11-19-2018 01:26 PM

The AHFS is used to review and evaluate runs in Stock and Super Stock for possible horsepower adjustments. The review is conducted twice per racing season. The two reviews are compiled individually so the data is not cumulative. Runs included in the AHFS database are limited to final qualifying runs (Q data) and all elimination runs (E data) at all NHRA National, Sports National and LODRS events. (At events where class eliminations are run, all class elimination runs are included in the AHFS database. Only the first round of class is part of qualifying and therefore is part of the "Q" database.)The "Q" data and "E" data files are the official data gathered by the NHRA timing system and processed through the NHRA Information Technology department. NHRA "Q" data and "E" data are the only data files used for the AHFS. No runs made during National Opens, test and tune, time trials,1/8 mile events or races within a race (i.e. Jegs Allstar eliminations, Stock / Super Stock Combos or other races that are not part of a season long points championship) are included in any review.

The first review period includes data from National and LODRS events 1 through 12 and the second period includes runs from events 13 through 24. The following procedure is used in reviewing run data:

Final qualifying, class eliminations, and elimination runs of 1.00 seconds or more, under the index, at NHRA National, Sports Nationals, and LODRS events will trigger an automatic review. (The combination must make at least two runs of 1.00 or quicker before a review is triggered to prevent a "one time fast run" from triggering the system.) In reviewing runs of 1.00 or more under the index, the database of runs for the engine combination being reviewed are put through three screenings as listed below. The screenings will look for an overall engine family average or class/engine average faster than 0.850-second under. Runs of .350 and slower are not included in calculating the engine or class/engine averages:

Larry Hill 11-19-2018 01:41 PM

Don could you understand that for me? Thanks in advance.

Don Kennedy 11-19-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 577265)
Don could you understand that for me? Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you mean to me If You go 1 second under during the first review period twice and Your overall average is more than 85 under then you will get hp or at least a review

Mark Yacavone 11-19-2018 02:24 PM

Another lesser known fact is this:
If you get yourself set up for some hp at the half year, someone with the exact same body style and combo in a class below or above you, cannot lower your average.
It has to be in the exact same class too.

Ed Wright 11-19-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 577270)
If you get yourself set up for some hp at the half year, someone with the exact same body style and combo in a class below or above you, cannot lower your average.

I certainly was not aware of that!

MikeMoller 11-19-2018 11:09 PM

Don't forget the 'mineshaft' exception, and the automatic adjustment if you run -1.20 or better regardless of mineshaft conditions.

Andys dad 11-20-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 577270)

I hate to challenge anybody on here it never goes well - but
From personal experience we run FSSE
the overall average included D,E,F
the individual average includes each class including your class (E)
But a numskull can go far enough under in a different class (F) and generate HP for the family D,E,F

We were good overall and in (D+E never ran F) but a lone ranger in (F) got us 5hp

Three ways to get HP.

Very sorry to report - but maybe the rules changed last year.

Ron

Mark Yacavone 11-20-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andys dad (Post 577311)
I hate to challenge anybody on here it never goes well - but
From personal experience we run FSSE
the overall average included D,E,F
the individual average includes each class including your class (E)
But a numskull can go far enough under in a different class (F) and generate HP for the family D,E,F

We were good overall and in (D+E never ran F) but a lone ranger in (F) got us 5hp

Three ways to get HP.

Very sorry to report - but maybe the rules changed last year.

Ron

Ron, That's the way I read that gobble-de-gook too, but not so says Pat C.
My example: A Div.4 V6 car in N/SA goes out early in the season and makes two runs a second under, plus a couple of -.90 runs, then puts it away.
A div. 7 car in O/SA makes many runs in the -.50 under range in the same half year.
Another Div 7 car that runs P/SA, was in S/S at the time.
All three cars and classes get 3 hp. The average was not. .85 under. This happened twice now.
When inquired about, Pat C says you're wrong...( good bye , click)

So, can anyone explain this, besides the obvious?