CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   H/Stock 1957 Chevy "In-Bomber" Omaha NE late 60's (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=17937)

DragwayRipper 05-23-2009 10:48 PM

H/Stock 1957 Chevy "In-Bomber" Omaha NE late 60's

1 Attachment(s)
Looking for any photos or footage of the car. 1957 Chevy 210 sport coupe "In-Bomber" run out of Omaha Nebraska in the late 60's by the Patrick Bros (Don and Ken) and Ken Nelson. Fred Anderson ("Tension" Team driver) drove the car to H/Stock class victory at the 1968 NHRA Nationals at Indy. The car ran I/Stock the following year, competiting in the NHRA Winternationals at Pomona, '69 Springnationals at Dallas and '69 Indy Nationals. Also raced at Sioux City, Denver, Miniapolis, Cornhusker, Raceland/Charlie's Speedway, Kansas, Thunder Valley etc... Any help would be great! Thanks
-Dean

bobbyd6 05-26-2009 09:45 PM

Re: H/Stock 1957 Chevy "In-Bomber" Omaha NE late 60's

Is this the same car as Good Intension?? I know where that car is

mcink 05-26-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragwayRipper (Post 121878)
Looking for any photos or footage of the car. 1957 Chevy 210 sport coupe "In-Bomber" run out of Omaha Nebraska in the late 60's by the Patrick Bros (Don and Ken) and Ken Nelson. Fred Anderson ("Tension" Team driver) drove the car to H/Stock class victory at the 1968 NHRA Nationals at Indy. The car ran I/Stock the following year, competiting in the NHRA Winternationals at Pomona, '69 Springnationals at Dallas and '69 Indy Nationals. Also raced at Sioux City, Denver, Miniapolis, Cornhusker, Raceland/Charlie's Speedway, Kansas, Thunder Valley etc... Any help would be great! Thanks
-Dean

I talked to a guy at Thunder Valley this weekend
I asked if he had ever seen this car
He says he has photos of it at Thunder Valley and Soo City
i am trying to get them to scan them

I will share if/when it happens...

cad 05-26-2009 10:16 PM

I will ask my dad if he has any video of it. He has a little Super-8 footage from Omaha and Cornhusker Dragways.

Clark

cad 05-26-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyd6 (Post 122450)
Is this the same car as Good Intension?? I know where that car is

Good Intension was Donny Stephenson's if I recall...correct me if I am wrong...I think he and Fred were partnered up.
I will ask Donny about that car, too, when I see him...

CD

cad 05-26-2009 10:29 PM

Is this thread and pics related?
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=341072

Eddie Rezac 05-27-2009 06:42 AM

There were 3 different cars.This car [the 210 HT] sat by an old barn in Craig Neraska. [Patrick Bros home town] untill about 2 years ago, a local Omaha fellow, [and I do not know his name], bought it. The "Good Intension" was Fred Anderson and Wally Nisson's Car [a Green Belair hardtop]. Tenision, was Donnie Stephenson's white 2dr 210. Fred drove all 3 cars on different occasions.
Eddie Rezac

Paul Merolla 05-27-2009 07:16 AM

Didn't think I'd see you pop up on here, Clark...you gonna turn the Camaro into a Stocker? Shoot me an email - kickinwing283@netzero.com. J/D for sale....

cad 06-01-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Rezac (Post 122487)
There were 3 different cars.This car [the 210 HT] sat by an old barn in Craig Nebraska. [Patrick Bros home town] untill about 2 years ago, a local Omaha fellow, [and I do not know his name], bought it. The "Good Intension" was Fred Anderson and Wally Nisson's Car [a Green Belair hardtop]. Tenision, was Donnie Stephenson's white 2dr 210. Fred drove all 3 cars on different occasions.
Eddie Rezac

Thanks Eddie. No one has any video of it that I talked to in Topeka.

bill dedman 06-01-2009 11:08 AM

Eddie,

I was at Tulsa for the NHRA Finals in '67 and I heard that a Tension Team car had been in a pit accident on Friday or Saturday, and couldn't race Sunday, because of the damage to the car. The ex-Jere Stahl "Plaza Shell" yellow wagon was raced in its place. Made it to the final round.

Which one of the Tension Team cars was that that was damaged? Do you remember? Was it ever repaired to continue racing?

Fred used to bring a white '57 270 4-speed car over from Omaha and run it at Des Moines Dragway when I was the tech guy over there. It was a pristine car, but I seemed to remember that it was a 2-door hardtop. Maybe a Bel Air... not sure; could have been a 210.

Is my memory going, or did Fred have a hardtop at one time? This was in '67, as I remember...

Thanks for any information.