CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Charles Blossom has passed away (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=67171)

68W45 08-11-2017 09:16 AM

Charles Blossom has passed away

Friends,

With a heavy heart, I am sad to report that Charles Blossom passed away yesterday while loading his cars for the Brainerd divisional meet. We don’t know the cause, he simply collapsed. Chucker was a multi-time number one stock qualifier at Indy with his GMC Syclone, Dodge Neon/SRT4 and most recently with his PT Cruiser. He held countless national records and has a room filled with Wallys from class and event number one qualifiers over the past 25 years. Chuck was 59 years old.

Please keep Judy, Phil, Joe, his family, and his friends in your thoughts and prayers. I will have a memorial for Chuck in my pit space at the Brainerd nationals so feel free to swing by and make a toast to an incredible racer and friend. I will update this message when funeral information is finalized.

*** Updated*** Chuck's obituary is here - http://www.startribune.com/obituarie...s-alan-blossom

The funeral is Thursday morning, somewhat fittingly during first round of Stock at Brainerd.

Godspeed Chuck, hit the tree and go to the top of the ladder.

David Bares

Carguy49 08-11-2017 10:30 AM

Re: Charles Blossom has passed away

This is, indeed, sad news. Loved the stories of how he drove the P.T. to the track and raced it. Too young and gone way to soon. Thoughts and Prayers for his family and friends.

Side note - - It was a pleasure meeting you, David, at Bremerton Raceway in June during the National Open held there. We talked about Oldsmobiles and drag racing. I mentioned the name Pete Kost and you responded very kindly. Good luck at the races and hope to see you again.

DIC GEARY 08-11-2017 02:08 PM

Sad news....he was always a pleasure to visit with at the track... you will be missed..
RIP....

Sean Marconette 08-11-2017 06:19 PM

Thats terrible news.

Charles and I were pitted next to each other at Great Bend this year and when I had an exhaust valve seat come loose. He was all about helping me and pointing things out on my new combination that he liked or that I needed to change.

He made the comment that he was only able to attend the 1st divisional race at Topeka, as he and his wife were going to I believe Scotland. We briefly talked in the lanes in Topeka when I went to watch stock.

He will be missed.
Rest In Peace my friend. Our condolences to his family.

Sean and Rose

Superfan1 08-11-2017 06:45 PM

Terrible news. I didn't know Charles personally, but I looked forward to watching him at Indy every year. My condolences to his family.

james schaechter 08-11-2017 07:24 PM

Way too soon! Chuck was always a great guy! He knew how to punish those front driver turbo cars! I will certainly miss seeing him at the track. Race in Peace Chuck!

Nick Heath 08-11-2017 10:01 PM

What sad news! I never met Mr. Blossom, but growing up in Minnesota meant I grew up watching him and his GMC Syclone, then the SRT4 Neon, then the PT Cruiser, then his new Drag Pak, which was a surprising one! RIP!

Frank Castros 08-12-2017 09:22 AM

Rest in peace Mr. Blossom.

denbreeden 08-12-2017 12:35 PM

Sorry to hear this, Charles and Phil were great to hang out with at the track.
Lots of Mopar history and stories between those two! Rest in peace.

Dennis Breeden

Troy Henderson 08-12-2017 04:09 PM

That's terrible to hear. I've always loved his syclone and what he accomplished with the turbo cars.