CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Garage Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   One post hoist (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=51016)

tj310 12-24-2013 10:19 AM

One post hoist

1 Attachment(s)
There wasn't room for the second post so I cut a hoist in half.

Chad Rhodes 01-16-2014 10:26 AM

Re: One post hoist

no way in hell I'd get under that

Dave Turner 01-16-2014 01:53 PM

[QUOTE=Chad Rhodes;416672]no way in hell I'd get under that[/QUOTE)

Hey Trev, I think Chad doubts your engineering savvy!!

Chad Rhodes 01-17-2014 09:05 AM

[quote=Dave Turner;416703]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad Rhodes (Post 416672)
no way in hell I'd get under that[/QUOTE)

Hey Trev, I think Chad doubts your engineering savvy!!

Unless there's a whole lot of concrete/rebar with 12" bolts holding it to the slab, that's not safe.

tj310 01-17-2014 05:32 PM

Chad the hoist is self supporting on the floor the foot you can see in the picture extends 4 feet from the post . It is lagged in place but does not depend on the bolts in concrete. I do put a jackstand under on the far side when I'm working underneath.
Dave nice to see you got the Mustang out. I like trains but not a big fan of the old Plymouths ---Trevor ps I think the Savvy was a US only model:)

Dave Turner 01-17-2014 09:34 PM

I can't believe I understood what you just said Mr. Jones! ;)

chris ok 02-23-2014 04:21 PM

We used a lift system at Toyota called the twin lift out of Canada. circa 2002
It was scary. 1 center post that picks up vehicle on left and right.
was quickly out of business and we were stuck with them. We said do not buy them. What would a tech know?
Nothing like a Toyota Land Cruiser on one side and a Tercel on the other. the arms would lean down and the lift itself you could also see lean. lock system was worth a damn. the arms lock system was non existent. saw the arms swing out on a few since it was screw up and down perches and not all frames arm completely horizontal. glad I am alive. Many dealers in the network I worked for got stuck w them. Supposedly the owner of twin lift took the money and run shutting it down abruptly. I think he ran back to Israel or something.
I will have nightmares remembering that crap now, lolol.

Chris

tj310 02-24-2014 09:09 PM

I saw a picture of one of those twin lift thingies on Kijiji and scratched my head. I take it there were separate cyls and controls for each side ? ---Trevor

chris ok 03-02-2014 06:54 PM

seperate side controllers and pistons. They broke a bunch of times and the repair was over 2 grand. There were no parts oem to fix them but someone came up with an idea that worked. Glad I no longer see them.

tj310 09-17-2014 04:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
4200 # of impala 6 ' up rotating the tires. Did I mention we dug a pit ---Trevor