CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ring and Pinion Manufacture (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=67166)

Steve Starnes 08-10-2017 09:38 PM

Ring and Pinion Manufacture

I'm going to buy a 4.56 ring and pinion for my 8.8 ford. I see many brands running from $120 to $320. Who are some of the best brands?

prostockpete1 08-10-2017 09:51 PM

Re: Ring and Pinion Manufacture

I.ve heard Motive who bought up Richmond years ago has nice stuff & they claim lots products being made in Italy & Germany for them where the quality is amazing .. story was Motive bought Richmond for the legendary name but the Carolina factory machinery was old & inconstant on quality .. Europe produced gears Motive claim have good life .. will be interesting to hear from other racers .. Ford motorsports also have ring / pinions but no idea who makes them

Steve Starnes 08-10-2017 10:42 PM

Thanks,

BRETV 08-11-2017 09:59 AM

Ford racing gears, we have raced many cars for many years with 8.8's and the Ford racing gears have been great.

Bret Velde
SS/LA

rawhide 08-11-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostockpete1 (Post 541463)
I.ve heard Motive who bought up Richmond years ago has nice stuff & they claim lots products being made in Italy & Germany for them where the quality is amazing .. story was Motive bought Richmond for the legendary name but the Carolina factory machinery was old & inconstant on quality .. Europe produced gears Motive claim have good life .. will be interesting to hear from other racers .. Ford motorsports also have ring / pinions but no idea who makes them

Ford Performance/Ford Racing/Ford Motorsport gears are made in the companies Sterling gear plant. You have wonder why they feel the need to change their name every few years.

RB

Eman 08-12-2017 02:19 PM

I buy gear sets from Quick Performance. last sets i bought were Strange/US Gear. I'm satisfied with them.

Paul Precht 08-12-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostockpete1 (Post 541463)

I heard some stories after Richmond was sold that the CDs were not correct, has that problem been fixed. Richmond's CDs were always real close to the sweet spot.

65signet 08-14-2017 03:46 PM

I like US Gear