CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Engine Tear Down (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=59209)

1320pro 08-19-2015 07:53 PM

Engine Tear Down

Hey Guys,

I am thinking about buying a Stocker but I was wondering what the rule was on tear downs? How do they select you for a tear down? After an event win? Just random selection?

Thanks!

John Dinkel 08-19-2015 10:00 PM

Re: Engine Tear Down

It better be fast

D.Johns 08-19-2015 10:50 PM

Records, top qualifiers at some events, random, someone protests you and demand a certain inspection and pays the money or you slept with tech inspectors sister are all possible.

Larry Hill 08-20-2015 08:09 AM

If you have a shot at being the champ NHRA will pull you down for traditional teardown ( no piston and rod). Class winner at Indy, #1 spot at Indy, or could be #128 at Indy. If you go 1.20 under in D3. If you think about what it means to pass teardown it will put a big smile on your face. The tech people make the S/SS racing mean something!

Billy Nees 08-20-2015 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 479716)
If you think about what it means to pass teardown it will put a big smile on your face. The tech people make the S/SS racing mean something!

Amen!

JHeath 08-20-2015 09:55 AM

The most important reason for a teardown, setting a national record !!

Mark Yacavone 08-20-2015 11:53 AM

If you happen to win or R/U at a divisional , where they never do teardowns, except for records, and then show up at a National ,within that same division, mostly likely you will get an invitation to the after hours party!

dmir55 08-20-2015 12:13 PM

In 2012 went to Oahe and set the record in a M/S mustang. On Saturday made the record run and a back up run. Had to do the tear down right behind the scales. After passing tech put the 302 together again right behind the scales. Besides setting the record, the highlight of the weekend was going faster on Sunday. Until you have set a record ,backed it up and passed tech no one can describe the feeling of satisfaction that you feel. Go for it you will not regret it.

treessavoy 08-20-2015 04:26 PM

I think the unstated question is : If I'm new and enter my first race, will I have to tear down just because I'm new?

JimR

Mark Yacavone 08-20-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treessavoy (Post 479766)
I think the unstated question is : If I'm new and enter my first race, will I have to tear down just because I'm new?

JimR

No, I think it is "Will I ever have to tear down?"