CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   When does SFI cert. run out? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=15630)

Joe Pinkston 02-01-2009 09:10 AM

When does SFI cert. run out?

My belts are dated Feb/07. Are they expired as of today (2-1-09), or are they good through the end of the month?

In the past it seems the belts I had expired when there was a considerable amount of down time between races and I would put in a new set right before the next race. Just wondering if I am o.k. for the Feb. races with these belts or not.

Thanks

Freddie 02-01-2009 09:29 AM

Re: When does SFI cert. run out?

I beleive that would really be up to the tech inspector, and how the belts look. I for one would probably replace them, knowing they need to be replaced in a few weeks anyway. At worst, I know there will be some people at Bradenton's race selling belts.

David Ley 02-01-2009 09:59 AM

They are good till the last day of the month punched.

Joe Pinkston 02-01-2009 03:21 PM

Thanks Dave.

voltdr 02-02-2009 11:41 PM

Also if the belts are good on the day of tech (like on a Friday), the cert is good for the whole event, even if the event completes on Sunday.

Bob Verwold 02-03-2009 06:53 AM

Just wondering, why would ya wait until the very last minute?

Joe Pinkston 02-03-2009 07:10 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Buying and changing out the belts isn't really a problem, but I figured since we only get 2 years out of them I should get all the use I can out of them before I toss these perfectly good belts into the garbage can. I'll go to Bradenton and Gainesville with these belts, then go by the local speed shop and pick up a new set during the 2 weeks between the Gainesville and Orlando races.

Bob Verwold 02-03-2009 07:43 AM

Ya know that round track guys can use them for 5 yrs. I give mine to a friend that races in a circle. you might try to sell them.......................

Lou SG2340 02-03-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Pinkston (Post 103966)
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Buying and changing out the belts isn't really a problem, but I figured since we only get 2 years out of them I should get all the use I can out of them before I toss these perfectly good belts into the garbage can. I'll go to Bradenton and Gainesville with these belts, then go by the local speed shop and pick up a new set during the 2 weeks between the Gainesville and Orlando races.

I use STROUD I send them in in Dec every 2 years & have them rewebed. Cost around $50.00. Cheaper than buying new.

Bob Verwold 02-03-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou SG2340 (Post 103970)
I use STROUD I send them in in Dec every 2 years & have them rewebed. Cost around $50.00. Cheaper than buying new.

Did the same with mine this year with RCI but it was a one time deal. Are the STROUD an ongoing thing or a one time thing. Need to cut corners where we can...................