CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Garage Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who makes the best two post auto lift (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=35840)

Wade Mahaffey 09-05-2011 10:08 PM

Who makes the best two post auto lift

In the market for a good two post lift, any suggestions? Thanks

Wade Mahaffey

magnumv8 09-06-2011 09:05 PM

Re: Who makes the best two post auto lift

Wade....there are several, but you need to look at is the weight rating you think you need and the built in safety features....the unit we have at work is a nice one (sorry but I don't remember the brand, I will get it tomorrow)....all lifts have automatic manual locks while lifting, but ours also has a "hydraulic lock" that will not let the lift drop in case of any mechanical lock failure.....the one really nice feature that most lifts don't have that this one does is that if one side is ahead of the other while lifting (common with cable stretch) you can re-level it with the hydraulics while operating it....you don't need to adjust the cables manually....

D L Rambo.....

the lift in our shop is a "Mohawk".....

Rob Petrie E395 09-08-2011 03:49 PM

Untill the tornado I had 2 Atlas Pro V10 lifts in the shop. I got them from Greg Smith Equiptment in Indy. At $2,200 each I could not ask for a better lift. We can put everything from a smart car to a one ton dually pickup on them. We added the extended hight to one of them so we can put box vans up. When the storm hit they were all five years old or older and never had one problem with them. When the shop is rebuilt after the first of the year I am going to install the same lifts and one of thier four post lifts for the alignment machine.

Richard Epp 09-08-2011 06:22 PM

Had four different types over the years. We can't hurt the Mowhawk!

Dragsinger 07-17-2012 11:12 PM

We have 5 Rotary Brand lifts. All good lifts, work fine, no problems.

Keith 944 07-18-2012 09:07 AM

don't think they are the best so to say but i bought an atlas 10k x-tall and x-wide from Greg smith equipment. you can drive up here and pick it up in just a few hours drive. (only took 3 to get back from Mir) they have them in stock in Newark, DE. i paid 2500. this included a lift, hose reel, 2 lift supports, and a foot operated trans jack, had to haggle a bit but well worth it. also, before i purchased i watched some videos on the quality and ratings. this 10k is tested to 15k w/no issues. another brand failed before 10k. you can assemble this yourself, i did, on the floor. then you will just need about 6 guys to help lift into place.

jeff keyuk 10-24-2013 11:03 PM

Hi guys! New to the form! I purchase a Bendpak 2 post lift this summer . I love it! Also just purchase a new car toy! Looking forward to meeting some new friend at the races next summer also! cheers jeff!

Jim Whitehead 10-26-2013 10:51 PM

Wade you won't be sorry if you go with a Mohawk lift. They are not the cheapest on the market, but hands down they are the BEST. Jim

rtr0id 10-27-2013 08:39 AM

I've got a Mohawk A7

Fatman 10-01-2015 05:55 PM

In the past I've had Rotary, Benwill, Challenger. I like the Challenger , both 9000 lbs and 12,000 lbs. Rotary was ok, but the lock were troublesome. Benwill is pure junk. Just my experiences.

Eman 12-25-2015 02:02 PM

I've had a BendPak 9,000lb lift for almost 20 years. Only complaint is they outsourced a lot and over the years have changed a lot. This can cause problems when you need a part 20 years later. luckily the only parts I've ever needed were the equalizer cables as they stretch over the years and will fray. A little searching and I found US made replacement cables for a decent price. My lift has had 4 door diesel duallies on it with no problems.
One thing to consider is the placement of the lift. You don't want it too close to the frt. wall as you need to work up frt, also overhead garage doors can be a problem, I have roll up style.

Barry Polley 02-03-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wade Mahaffey (Post 280754)
In the market for a good two post lift, any suggestions? Thanks

Wade Mahaffey

Wade, Find a local installer who removes lifts from dealers and shops. I bought my Forward 2 post for 1K$ 5 years ago. Great deal and it's 7K capacity. Easy to install and easy to work on.

Hope this helps.

Marvin Oakerson 09-03-2016 09:06 AM

Mohawk lift i have 4 of them in my shop

Eric Voigt 09-20-2016 08:15 PM

I just bought a 10k bendpak lift from eautolifts.com (local to me) included tax, delivery, and install and will be installed this Thursday. This will be along with with my 9k DIRECT 4 post lift I currently have.

Will post photos once installed.

I think the BENDPAK two posts are the Cadillac of the two post systems out there. Just my 2 cents

GallopinGhost 11-23-2016 06:43 PM

Bendpack here too. I've had a 2 post for 5 yrs. It's a solid lift. It works well and I feel safe under it, which is priceless.

Bob Mulry 11-26-2016 01:06 PM

Hi Guys,

I just installed a BendPak XPR-10AS rack......

It is a new design that has a screw type adjustable pad for fine adjustments and spacers that can go under the pads......

Just running the electrical now, so I will let you know the results.....

Bob

PS:
I couldn't wait, so I hooked up a jumper and lifted my 1999 3500 Quad Cab, 6 speed, Cummins Dually with shell......

I didn't buy the LP option because the lift arms are longer on the AS....

Lifted it nice and level with no rocking....

I think that I am going to like it

7423 11-26-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Mulry (Post 520824)
Hi Guys,

I just installed a BendPak XPR-10AS rack......

It is a new design that has a screw type adjustable pad for fine adjustments and spacers that can go under the pads......

Just running the electrical now, so I will let you know the results.....

Bob

PS:
I couldn't wait, so I hooked up a jumper and lifted my 1999 3500 Quad Cab, 6 speed, Cummins Dually with shell......

I didn't buy the LP option because the lift arms are longer on the AS....

Lifted it nice and level with no rocking....

I think that I am going to like it

Hi Bob
Where did you buy this BendPak? I need one installed in Los Angeles.

jmcarter 11-26-2016 07:07 PM

We bought our Bendpak through Greg Smith. FYI they have a location in Phoenix.

Blownpony 11-26-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 520848)
We bought our Bendpak through Greg Smith. FYI they have a location in Phoenix.

I have an Atlas (Baseplate) 9K lb. short height lift I bought from Greg Smith in Portland OR over two years ago. Greg Smith has store locations all over. They were great to deal with.
I wish I had an A-symmetrical lift but one was not offered at that time for a short 9' tall shop. The AS would allow the car to be lifted so the doors can be opened with less interference from the lift towers.
Best investment I ever made.

FrankM 06-10-2017 10:52 AM

Anybody make/sell a 4 post like this in the US with the rails to allow the wheels to free hang?

http://www.molnarhoists.com.au/hoist...t-rail-hoists/

CMcAllister 06-26-2017 09:59 PM

Rotary 9k. I bought it new maybe 20 years ago. Doesn't get used as much now as when I was doing auto repair, but works perfectly and looks like new. Made in the USA. Don't know if that's still true. Never an issue.