CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mike Dunn (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68361)

Nmbr1GMfan 11-30-2017 09:42 AM

Mike Dunn

Internet rumors say Mike Dunn is out at IHRA.

jmcarter 11-30-2017 10:03 AM

Re: Mike Dunn

Won’t matter, IHRA is done with class racing regardless.

But it appeared he was trying based on all the interviews with racers. Personally wish he would replace Tony P on the FS1 broadcasts but you know that won’t happen.

Jim Kaekel 11-30-2017 11:11 AM

I saw first hand that he showed little or no interest in sportsman racing. I did see him on multiple times hanging with the "pros" for what it's worth.

boxmotorsports 12-01-2017 01:23 PM

I agree with Jim . I don't think Dunn cared less about Sportsman racing. I could be wrong . I think the bigger issue was WHY didn't we , the sportsman racers SUPPORT the IHRA ?????
We have NO one to blame but ourselves , Sadly.

Jeff Niceswanger 12-01-2017 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know about that . I don't reacall many NHRA Presidents getting in Class racers Photo's...

buzzinhalfdozen 12-01-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger (Post 550807)
I don't know about that . I don't reacall many NHRA Presidents getting in Class racers Photo's...

Same here, shook my hand said congrats and got in the photo. Sadly IHRA was already doomed.

HR9121 12-01-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmotorsports (Post 550799)
I agree with Jim . I don't think Dunn cared less about Sportsman racing. I could be wrong . I think the bigger issue was WHY didn't we , the sportsman racers SUPPORT the IHRA ?????

When you can't even collect $1000 dollars in contingency for a "National event" win I really can't blame anyone for not supporting them. So there was plenty things to blame before it got to the point where the racers quit showing up.

GarysZ24 12-01-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmotorsports (Post 550799)
I think the bigger issue was WHY didn't we , the sportsman racers SUPPORT the IHRA ?????

I certainly tried (twice in San Antonio, and once at Rocky Mountain Raceways in Salt Lake City), and I only had a 15sec car, that was towed to the races on a flatbed car hauler, by a Chevy Colorado that only had a 5cyl engine, and I had a budget to match....

SSDA Hemi 12-02-2017 06:38 AM

http://ihra.com/component/k2/item/20...ior-consultant

Jason 12-02-2017 08:43 AM

Well there you have it. As of Dec 1 Mike Dunn is the official IHRA Senior Consultant, what ever that means.

chris ok 12-02-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 550832)
When you can't even collect $1000 dollars in contingency for a "National event" win I really can't blame anyone for not supporting them. So there was plenty things to blame before it got to the point where the racers quit showing up.

Question sir
How much was fee and how many rounds to win usually.
Sad day indeed ihra is crumbling.
Im just a fan but attended every empire nats w family but once from 1990-2002.
Bader knew how to run a show.
Gave the cap off his head to my neice sunday after finals and invited us to a snack n cold drink as it was steaming out in leicester in 02. The last race.
I always liked the race format they had.
Chris, currently in mooresville nc. Heading south.

HR9121 12-03-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris ok (Post 550905)
Question sir
How much was fee and how many rounds to win usually.
Sad day indeed ihra is crumbling.
Im just a fan but attended every empire nats w family but once from 1990-2002.
Bader knew how to run a show.
Gave the cap off his head to my neice sunday after finals and invited us to a snack n cold drink as it was steaming out in leicester in 02. The last race.
I always liked the race format they had.
Chris, currently in mooresville nc. Heading south.

Its been 3 years since I raced with IHRA, at the time I believe it was $135 to enter? This is when they had their ProAm. Typically they were 6 round races in stock may have some that were 5 rounds. To be honest the money didn't really matter to me, it got to where their races were further and further away from me so I decided if I was going to travel that much I would rather run NHRA where I could run 1/4 mile.

Jim Wahl 12-04-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 550923)
Its been 3 years since I raced with IHRA, at the time I believe it was $135 to enter? This is when they had their ProAm. Typically they were 6 round races in stock may have some that were 5 rounds. To be honest the money didn't really matter to me, it got to where their races were further and further away from me so I decided if I was going to travel that much I would rather run NHRA where I could run 1/4 mile.

$270 for the two race weekend. $1500 to win, $900 RU. I won 5 of their Pro Am's in the last 3 years. It was fun while it lasted but I saw it coming a long while ago. Jim

jmcarter 12-04-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Wahl (Post 550997)
$270 for the two race weekend. $1500 to win, $900 RU. I won 5 of their Pro Am's in the last 3 years. It was fun while it lasted but I saw it coming a long while ago. Jim

What are you and Nowicki going to do for spending $ this winter? Will miss seeing you, Myron, Mark and several others running Immokalee this winter. IHRA did just release a partial 'spectacular series' schedule and it presents a fantastic opportunity for bracket racing, check it out on ihra.com

It will be interesting to see what Mike Dunn does in his new "Consultant" role...doubt NHRA would let him share the booth with Bruno on their telecast. The current NHRA show on FS1 is only good for recording so you can blast through to the good racing/reporting.