CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from New England Dragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=34818)

Jack Matyas 07-21-2011 05:09 PM

Live from New England Dragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Series

9 Attachment(s)
Its about time-Ive been trying to post this all afternoon with no luck - Internet service here stinks - anyway , after a short 356 mile ride here today - just kidding - we here in D1 are spoiled - anything more than two hours we pack a lunch - but after nine ( count 'em 9 ) hours on the road I was ready for Larry's Clam Bar for sure .And I wasn't dissapointed - if you're coming up don't miss this place on rt125 north. The scallops I had along with the fried clams were super tender .

Since I haven't been here in more than twenty years nothing looks the same - but in a good way .Many ,many inprovements here for sure .

Test n tune is going on and will be till 8pm but I don't think any big numbers will come out as its very hot and a stiff headwind .Why waste 50 bucks .

Thanks to my friends Al Mark and Mark Markow I was directed to a great pit spot near the staging lanes .

And oh darn - I forgot to get a receipt from Larry's for lunch - maybe tomorrow - Kenny's got a great expense plan but you have to follow the rules ...........later.

PS- Coppers knew we were coming and put out the welcome wagon .

danny waters sr 07-21-2011 05:20 PM

Re: LivefromNewEnglandDragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Series

Jack, You get in bad traffic everytime you go to a race......
The plate of seafood looks GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
Good Luck to all this weekend.
I'm gonna stay home and try to repo some cars so i can go racing soon as it cools off.....

davidhuff 07-21-2011 08:49 PM

Re: Live from New England Dragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Se

Wow,the food looks great and you guys have a great time.

Doug Blackley 07-21-2011 09:49 PM

Geez Jack we never hit traffic on 84...hmmm I see a trend. LOL j/k, hope you're still there Sunday so we can stop by and say hi.

Lew Silverman 07-21-2011 10:46 PM

Jack, the food looks just delicious! Who says getting there is half the fun?

I've been following the T&T on 1320go. Did Vic Guilmino really go 8 seconds in his D/SA?? I've heard that NED is fast but.................:)

Stay cool and drink plenty of fluids!

Lew

Jack Matyas 07-22-2011 06:30 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Good morning - and welcome to another stinker here at New England Dragway ( that sounds worse than it is ) its barely 7am and already it over 80 degrees with 75 % humidity but get this with a semi-decent barometer of 29.55 and a final DA of 2720 - by noon we'll think were in Columbus or God forbid - Denver ! ! !

They were coming in last night till they stopped selling passes at 8pm and we've got a pretty good crowd of racers already .Not many parties last evening as the only noise heard was the running of generators and air conditioners .Even the TV last night was terrible - seems they have plenty of Public Television in New Hampshire and little else - guess that should be reason enough for me to repair my dish that I've been putting off.

The Sun is up and bright and in a few hours it'll be track time finally ..........and ClassRacer is here for you .

Mike Brogniez 07-22-2011 07:09 AM

Looking forward for the live reports Jack, a dip in the ocean is only 20 mins away if it gets too hot......
MB

Jack Matyas 07-22-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Brogniez (Post 270557)
Looking forward for the live reports Jack, a dip in the ocean is only 20 mins away if it gets too hot......
MB

That sounds great - now all I need is a ride ..........Hmmmmmmmmm .Gotta work on that for later this afternoon .Wonder if I could sneak a taxi receipt into my expense report .

dartman 07-22-2011 07:49 AM

live web cam from the tower as 8.18 est

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/htm...p?dest=webcast

they turn it off

Bob Bender 07-22-2011 08:22 AM

Jack please keep the great reporting up cant make it again............Tell Phil save me a little of that sea food.........................lol

Ed Fernandez 07-22-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartman (Post 270562)
live web cam from the tower as 8.18 est

http://www.newenglanddragway.com/htm...p?dest=webcast

they turn it off

NED website is showing me the cam is off line.

Jack Matyas 07-22-2011 09:59 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Stock just got its first try at New England - let me tell you first hand - after I got my time slip the wind went right out of my sails- its as slow here as Columbus as I lost .17 from Maple Grove last weekend .As for traction it felt OK the sixty numbers showed .05 slower - and thats with a brand new set of Hoosiers that our friend Roy moumted for me this morning .

BTW, we have one of those DimeRockets that is street driven C/FS PT ragtop that I'm told is under the index .

SuperStock out soon ...........

Jack Matyas 07-22-2011 10:48 AM

Just a little weather update - during the Stock time trial this morning it was 96 degrees - 130 grains of water and a DA of just over 3800 feet ...............And all that at 9:40 am .

Ed Fernandez 07-22-2011 11:42 AM

Just watching the web cam.Will someone give the starting line guys a canopy to use?I
couldn't imaging standing out there today in this heat.You really gotta love what you do to stand out there all day.

Doug Blackley 07-22-2011 11:53 AM

Ed, don't recall ever seeing them use one up there. Of course the heat didn't show up until this week...go figure. If only logistics would allow this event to be in late Sept or Oct. you'd def see some hard braking at the 1k marker lol.

Mike Fuller 07-22-2011 12:48 PM

Jack, I believe that the qualifing sheet posted on DRC will be revised.

-1.884 under WOW!!!

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...33173#indextop

Jack Matyas 07-22-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Fuller (Post 270607)
Jack, I believe that the qualifing sheet posted on DRC will be revised.

_1.884 under WOW!!!

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...33173#indextop

It has been revised .......and that DimeRocket CF/S PT Cruiser Turbo was bounced for a fuel infraction ...

Also -Bob Don - known as "Low Buck Bob" - will be a little lower buck as he put a rod through his oil pan .......ouch ! !

danny waters sr 07-22-2011 02:54 PM

Jack ,what did the pt run ? it did not show on the dq/

Ed Carpenter 07-22-2011 03:45 PM

Jack please tell Tony Fillipone I said good luck. Maybe a pic or two of his car. Never seen the engine bay or interior on his car. It is a fine piece. Ed

Mike Brogniez 07-22-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danny waters sr (Post 270632)
Jack ,what did the pt run ? it did not show on the dq/

On the 2nd TT think he went 15.619 at 84.80 mph still showing DQ....

Mike Brogniez 07-22-2011 09:02 PM

Hope no news is good news, must have been super hot in the cars....
Nothing better to recoup than some R & R, to prepare for tomorrow....
MB

mat H/SA 07-22-2011 09:29 PM

Mike if you think last week was hot!!! you ain't seen nothing

great car count 80+ stock and a bunch of ss.

hope tomorrow will be cooler

Jim Carter 07-22-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Brogniez (Post 270647)
On the 2nd TT think he went 15.619 at 84.80 mph still showing DQ....

That PT may represent the last" truly legitimate" Mopar stocker.
No lexan windowed, gutted shell race car with bogus motors.

Kind of refreshing to see that car.
I guess if the PT Cruiser were still being made, Lord only knows what
sort of "Drag Pak" bundle they would have come up with.
Maybe a V-10, Two speed auto, 4 - wheel line lock, rear wheel conversion.
Someone would do it up with rat rod satin paint with Moon discs and flames.
Probably a B car The V-10 would be rated 275 hp due to "restrictive" exhaust
manifolds. Yeah, that's the ticket.

butch8908 07-22-2011 11:00 PM

It's pretty amazing that the car counts at Epping and Hebron and Sonoma are greater than the National at Denver. Makes you wonder about how you are treated at a National NHRA event. I'll be in Jackson, SC tomorrow and how to have at least as many cars to watch in S/SS as they have in Denver. Got to take a cooler of Gatorade and Water.

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 05:50 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Took a few shots yesterday afternoon ................

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 06:02 AM

9 Attachment(s)
OK - a few more..............The last three photos are of the display from the ASRA -they are celebrating thirty years of All-Stars racing - if you're here stop by for a free water and check it out -at the rear of Marc LaBrecques' pit near the staging lanes - thanks to Greg Barsamain for making the display.

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 06:26 AM

9 Attachment(s)
And then there was last night - took a ride with my longtime friend Bill Shurla to Seabrook, NH to meet another friend -well maybe not a friend but .......we were only friends a short time before he disapeared - who is he? He's the guest of honor in these photos .....And a local from nearby Maine......As Sammy Murray would say - "the lobsta" ........I had "chowda" along with him ..........Mmmmmmmmm - talk about sweet meat - this was it .After being in "Hell" all day yesterday - this was my reward "Heaven" for sure ..........Kenny will surely not like my expense report now .....its killer ! ! !

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 06:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And now for some of why we're here this weekend - racing to start at 9am this morning with Stock going out first for their last qualifer but I don't think that will happen - at least on time as I'll say that four letter word you haven't heard much from me this season - thats right - rain at this moment - its overcast and coming down enough to rain on our parade as they say ........I'll keep you up to date .

Chevellewagon 07-23-2011 06:46 AM

Local weather report says it will be moving out around 8 or 9, Then here comes the sun again and high around 95 with the humidity back.
Tomorrow high about 86 and drier air.
I'll be there spectating. Usually around the area of Elroy Dame (red 69 Road Runner C/SA).
I hope to meet some of the guys from this site.

Phil Daly aka Chevellewagon

robzneed4speed 07-23-2011 07:28 AM

Well it was a great day 1. The cars ran well despite the high heat(I thought). There was enough of a breeze that my 8 year old son and I survived a day in the grandstands. I had a highlight video put together from yesterday, but after fighting with the hotels wi-fi until 12:30 this morning, I lost. Won't get home until tomorrow morning and will start posting some video for everyone to enjoy. Nice to FINALLY meet you Jack. Good luck to all the racers today.

--Rob

danny waters sr 07-23-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Matyas (Post 270775)
And then there was last night - took a ride with my longtime friend Bill Shurla to Seabrook, NH to meet another friend -well maybe not a friend but .......we were only friends a short time before he disapeared - who is he? He's the guest of honor in these photos .....And a local from nearby Maine......As Sammy Murray would say - "the lobsta" ........I had "chowda" along with him ..........Mmmmmmmmm - talk about sweet meat - this was it .After being in "Hell" all day yesterday - this was my reward "Heaven" for sure ..........Kenny will surely not like my expense report now .....its killer ! ! !

Need to put the pic on the side of milk cartons...lol

Mike Brogniez 07-23-2011 07:54 AM

Looks like the hot and humid weather is on the way back......

Hey Mat I wish I had gone back heat or no heat, nice to have a white race car......

Casey is the only one I saw with a white racing jacket last week, bet he has it on again.

Jack thanks for all the great live reports...hope you meet and make another new friend for a short encounter this evening....

May you all have a fun and safe race.
MB

MB

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 09:50 AM

Thru some minor miracle we're racing this morning - Stock got their final run and SuperStreet is out on the track -- still very overcast but the weather is much nicer than yesterday - most are anywhere from .10 to .15 faster than yesterday morning .........

Bob Lasko 07-23-2011 11:12 AM

Is there any live web cast from the track.?? could not log on.

mannymen 07-23-2011 11:25 AM

Any delays yet and is stock still set to run at 1pm ish? Driving up now and will be there around 2pm I hope. Anyone know where Sam Murray's 72 olds is pitted?

Mike Carr 07-23-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Lasko (Post 270813)

http://www.1320go.com/newengland/livetiming.php

Live timing and video (if/when the video works).

Mike Brogniez 07-23-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Lasko (Post 270813)

Go the newenglanddragway web site down to the multimedia section and and click on webcast.. you can also get run times...in the same section.....

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 12:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
SuperStock went out for their last - seems there are a bunch of Chevy 2's here .........

Mark Yacavone 07-23-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Matyas (Post 270775)

Be careful, Jack . You're known by the company you keep. LOL
Are you sure you can say that name on this forum?
Glad to hear there was a sighting anyway.

Ed Carpenter 07-23-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Matyas (Post 270822)
SuperStock went out for their last - seems there are a bunch of Chevy 2's here .........

Gotta love that!! Great job in qualifying Jack you are running well. Ed