CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live" from the Indy US Nationals 2015 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=59318)

Chuck Beach 08-29-2015 11:05 AM

"Live" from the Indy US Nationals 2015

It is a beautiful day here at Indy, there are about 40 rigs in line outside the fence along the road. We will be staged sometime on Sunday and parking will take place on Monday. All NHRA staff are in BG. There is a slight chance of rain in the area this weekend but the rest of the week looks great. Randall why the hp hit before Indy? Patsy can take it from here ....

Mike Delahanty 08-29-2015 12:19 PM

Re: Live from the US Nationals INDY

Chuck,

Nice start to what will be the most watched post of 2015. Don't be bashful about posting and adding your view as well as your 2 cents. The more reporters the better. And we're all hooked on our electroinics and NEED SOMETHING TO CLICK ON!

Good luck in class, you had that Cuda flying at the Class Nationals.

Dick Butler 08-29-2015 12:48 PM

removed

Michael Beard 08-29-2015 12:53 PM

Chuck, Rambo has your decals.

Mike Taylor 3601 08-29-2015 02:04 PM

Randall didn't mean to get hit,had no intentions of going anywhere near that quick,just screwed up.
Mike Taylor 3601

Spyphish 08-29-2015 10:32 PM

FYI I don't usually get here until tomorrow BUT here tonight; west side of track off road grass parking full and south side as well. We are on a side road to a truck facility by SE gate so camp at a rest stop or truck stop for the night. Then just mosey (southern thing) in in the morning. See ya'.

cicero819 08-30-2015 09:13 AM

Just to let everyone that the weather is going to be perfect, can't wait to leave. Just a 15 hours drive from home to see this great race, my annual pilgrimage the Mecca of drag racing. This year will be a little harder on us Canadian since our Looney(dollar) is close to 26 cents lower than the U.S dollar plus add 10% for the banks to exchange, you can see that we are going to watch our pennies. Can anyone tell us what time the Force and Shumacher Fan appreciation open house start at?Looking forward to talking to as many of you guys and gals out there. Claude Ruel.

Larry Hill 08-30-2015 10:19 AM

Here are some of the winners of round 2 of stock this morning:Ratcliffe, Shipp, Wenzel, Simpkins, Plourd, Parker, Davis, Reiter, Arnett, Scheitlin, M. Morris, Dziorny, Vaughn, Raikes, Truman, Strickland, Burton, T. Mattingly, Cotten, Hairrington, Whitcher, Butner, Helms. Hopefully these are correct. Sorry I did not get all.

We are packing up this morning to head to Indy!!

More later!

Larry Hill 08-30-2015 11:21 AM

Sorry this should have gone in the bowling green thread!

Craig Dawson 08-30-2015 02:34 PM

Can anyone tell me if stock will get a qualifying run on Friday? Thanks

Jeff Blanchard 08-30-2015 02:39 PM

Just got into the stacking lot.#106 Weather is sunny and 83 degrees

Superfan1 08-30-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Dawson (Post 480657)
Can anyone tell me if stock will get a qualifying run on Friday? Thanks

Stock won't get any runs on Friday because Thursday's Class winners, and a few random others, will be in the Tear Down barn. Stock will either get 3 qualifying runs on Wednesday, and the first round of Class Eliminations on Thursday for their fourth qualifier; or they will get 2 qualifying runs on Wednesday, 1 qualifying run Thursday morning, and the first round of Class Eliminations on Thursday for their fourth qualifier.

doglover44 08-30-2015 04:44 PM

When does all the action start ? I am gonna be glued to this thread all week !

Larry Hill 08-30-2015 05:00 PM

For those of you coming from Bowling Green, the construction through Louisville is winding and rough. Might want to take 264 west to 265 to 65 and come out in Indiana north of Louisville. We should be there in a little over an hour

Ken Miele 08-30-2015 06:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We rolled in about 10:30 this morning right behind the last of the rigs that were parked on the shoulder before going into the stacking area. Here's a few shots on the way in, Redman and crew were here bright and early.

We are number 74 inline and the first lot is full as rigs are still trickle in. I'm sure there will be many more heading in from Bowling Green tonight and tomorrow. Redman told me there were 600 cars at Bowling Green. He also told me that if everything goes well they should start parking rigs at 9:00am tomorrow.

Rob Petrie E395 08-30-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cicero819 (Post 480637)
Can anyone tell us what time the Force and Shumacher Fan appreciation open house start at?Looking forward to talking to as many of you guys and gals out there. Claude Ruel.

I believe it is Friday from 10am till 3 PM.

cicero819 08-30-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 (Post 480689)
I believe it is Friday from 10am till 3 PM.

Ahhhhhhhhh too bad we'll be at the track. Should make those things after 6pm.lol I still have our favorite place to attend at Auburn, RM Auction.

Larry Hill 08-30-2015 08:52 PM

We're here! We're here! #152 in the last row next to the fence!

Larry Hill 08-31-2015 08:17 AM

Well we are up and at em early here in line. It is a gorgeous day, going up to 89 this afternoon with a chance of spotty showers. It is going to be pretty all week but hotter, in the 90s later in the week.

I have heard that they may even start parking at 8:30. It will be at least a couple or hours or more before we move.

We have a repairman from Cummins Crosspointe (Onan dealer) here working on our generator now. If you are having issues, you might want to give them a call. We have had our appointment scheduled for quite a while. It had been giving us problems, but Larry was able to still get it to run, but it is time to get the bread board replaced and not have to worry about it anymore.

More later!

robzneed4speed 08-31-2015 08:36 AM

Good luck with the generator. Make sure it's nice and cool in the motor home for when I come and bug you this week. :)

Bill Bagley 08-31-2015 09:07 AM

It's been a challenging year for the Bagley family and its affiliates, only been able to make one race all year long. Sure miss seeing a bunch of you folks. We're about to get things settled down and hope to see some of you at the Div. 4 race coming up in Louisiana and maybe Ennis later on.

The Big Go remains on my bucket list! Pulling for the MOPARS this week but wish all of you the best experience and the safest of travels!

Larry Hill 08-31-2015 09:12 AM

The generator is fixed and rigs are moving in!

Come on by, Rob, we will have a cold one for you!

Wade Mahaffey 08-31-2015 09:21 AM

Everyone enjoy your time there this week, and Larry, Patsy, and Rob, don't forget to share the sights and sounds with your "there at heart"...and.... "wanna be's"! Your personal touch through the lens is far better than any of the Television stuff! I always love the photos of the Drivers/Owners standing beside their pride! It would be nice to see a few things from "The Pits" city as well...hell maybe even a few "Barn" shots! And hopefully you're not in the photos!

Wade Mahaffey

Mack Reeves 08-31-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Bagley (Post 480728)
It's been a challenging year for the Bagley family and its affiliates, only been able to make one race all year long. Sure miss seeing a bunch of you folks. We're about to get things settled down and hope to see some of you at the Div. 4 race coming up in Louisiana and maybe Ennis later on.

The Big Go remains on my bucket list! Pulling for the MOPARS this week but wish all of you the best experience and the safest of travels!

I share you thoughts on The Big Go on my bucket list also... Also pulling for all the Mopars... But hope everyone has safe travels to and from the race.... Keep the "Live From" coming... I also enjoy them.. Thanks for all the comments and photos....

Craig Dawson 08-31-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superfan1 (Post 480660)
Stock won't get any runs on Friday because Thursday's Class winners, and a few random others, will be in the Tear Down barn. Stock will either get 3 qualifying runs on Wednesday, and the first round of Class Eliminations on Thursday for their fourth qualifier; or they will get 2 qualifying runs on Wednesday, 1 qualifying run Thursday morning, and the first round of Class Eliminations on Thursday for their fourth qualifier.

Thanks Superfan 1, Craig

Larry Hill 08-31-2015 11:24 AM

Parking is coming along nicely. # 90 just pulled in

Ken Miele 08-31-2015 01:21 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Like Patsy said, everything is moving along well. Redman and crew are doing a great job. I'm parked already so its a good time take photos and talk with my fellow racers.
Here are some random photos from the stacking area.

I also found some cars already out of the trailers. Weather at the mount his warm and humid, and it looks like this will be the norm for the rest of the week.

Ken Miele 08-31-2015 01:28 PM

9 Attachment(s)
A few more....

doglover44 08-31-2015 04:00 PM

Thanks for the reports and pictures guys make me feel like I am there miss all my S/SS friends Cant wait for Class and the Hemi Challenge !

Brett C 08-31-2015 04:14 PM

Our group is parked! Same spot next to the big Goodyear tent.

Larry Hill 08-31-2015 04:36 PM

We are parked down in the bowl. Redman is the greatest!

Come on down to see us!

Irondog 08-31-2015 08:14 PM

Glad to see the owner of Thibeault Racing made it there safely lol....now hope all the bugs are outta the "Big Red Machine!!!"

Ken Miele 08-31-2015 08:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more photos from today. It looks like Redman and crew parked about 325 cars today. I think the cut off time was five, but they were still parking well after that. They cleared all the fields but had to stop at one point so a few missed the cut off time. Stacking starts all over again tonight.

Tech opens tomorrow morning, but not sure of the time, I'm thinking 9am. I will be back tomorrow with more photos from tech and in the pits.

cicero819 08-31-2015 08:56 PM

ken, do you think that if I entered by the back gate on the side of the tanks, that maybe the guys would let me bring my pedal bike through? I'm getting a little older every year and find it hard to walk my usual twenty miles back and forth, maybe a racer could bring them in for me. Thanks. Claude Ruel.

Nick Heath 08-31-2015 09:48 PM

Detailed run schedule is up on NHRA Racer:
http://nhraracer.com/apcm/APCMviewer.asp?a=64561&z=175

Looks like two hits for Stk and SS on Wednesday, then Q3 for Stock on Thursday AM, before class.

Nitro Joe Jackson 08-31-2015 10:05 PM

I'll take the good with the bad, transmission lost high gear and reverse 2 miles from Indy, got it in and parked, got the bad one out, Tuesday the new one will go in, Thanks to my brother Ron, Frank Jenkins getting it down to JEGS so they could bring it to me.
Now the good....I'm a grandpa again last night as Emma Grace was borned and doing fine being a month and few weeks early.
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ed&oe=56823D46

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...76&oe=56790CA3

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...93&oe=5666718C

robzneed4speed 08-31-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 480729)
The generator is fixed and rigs are moving in!

Come on by, Rob, we will have a cold one for you!

Excellent! I'll come expecting. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro Joe Jackson (Post 480821)
Now the good....I'm a grandpa again last night as Emma Grace was borned and doing fine being a month and few weeks early.

Congrats Joe!!

Jeff Teuton 08-31-2015 10:19 PM

Cajuns in the house. Laris, Candies, Teuton, are in the same area. Police are watching. In the bowl across the bayou from Hill. I guess that's a bayou. Shared beverages with several folks today. Houston folks had lovely margaritas and pizza tonight. That's Stan and Sheila Holt. Tech tomorrow. More as the mystery and other things happen.

Spyphish 08-31-2015 10:24 PM

WHERE IS MY MOWER???? Just kidding LOL

All set for the Hemi Shootout.

Larry Hill 09-01-2015 06:49 AM

My favorite part of Indy is the show and tell. It looks like B/SA and FS/C will be a five round race, that's just too cool. Let's just hope that the class ladders are made from the qualifying sheets instead the entry list.