CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anybody Racing This Year? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=32082)

CBS 03-14-2011 09:49 PM

Anybody Racing This Year?

Aweful quiet out there.....did all the Div 3 guys quit......or are you working on your stuff getting ready......we are 3 weeks till the National open......anybody going....

CBS jr 03-14-2011 10:50 PM

Re: Anybody Racing This Year?

PA... i've been racing won the national open and semi at the div race. Come on.
I checked my phone and it still works.

Iceman Cometh 03-14-2011 10:57 PM

Hopefully testing this weekend. Planning on open unless something comes up (work).

EricArrow 03-14-2011 11:03 PM

Usually do the IHRA Div3 stuff....but travel costs and the distance for all the races may keep me close to home.:(

Maverick 03-15-2011 01:27 AM

I will be there, as long as it doesn't snow, or look like bad weather. It has been a long time since I was at Muncie Dragway. I will be there just to work out the fine tuning. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Barney B 03-15-2011 07:20 AM

Weather permitting I will be there.

BB no test session this year by CBS

BB2 just sayin

slow dragster 03-15-2011 07:46 AM

Rock, we finished the year bracket racing at Muncie so we might as well start it there. Tranny case at Reid for certs then it's back together.

TS310C 03-15-2011 08:46 AM

Rock,

Chances are that Indy will be our first outing. Not sure we will make the tow to Muncie.

BKSG1198 03-15-2011 09:04 AM

Out here in D-1 country it will be a very scaled down schedule for us. Will run the local D-1 Races (Atco - Nat Open & Div, Maple Div & Dutch, Cecil & Maybe E-Town) the MASGA races and that's about it. Numidia will be the farthest tow for us this year.

Nitro Joe Jackson 03-15-2011 10:02 AM

My parents (Bill & Mary Ann Jackson) are going to run a few close divisional races and a couple of national events, but mainly will be at Pacemakers Raceway Park running the Bill Jackson's Racing Engines SST series and the Sharx's Quick 32 races.
Myself, same as above and also doing the buckeye SS/Stk series races also.
Been at 3 races already this year but been doing it going with Rich South's SS operation.

Economy sucks right now and I see people only doing what the market can handle right now racing wise. It's tough out there right now.

CBS 03-15-2011 01:37 PM

We are trying but have run into a number of setbacks.....none of the cars are together....we may just test at Mid Michigan.....the following week..

We are struggling on the SS Challenger.....the vettes heads are not back yet and the Mustang is in some state of disassembly....but is by far the closest to being ready.....we will be in indy....

but Division 3 races will be it for us most likely this season....+ Indy, Norwalk, Chicago and Columbus....nationals....If I can get out of work.....(yes I do work)....

Bob Verwold 03-15-2011 03:18 PM

Rock,

With all that going on how is it your not throwing together a S/St car............lol

Jason Oldfield 03-15-2011 03:31 PM

After my foray into animated video production, I'm most likely on the permanently banned list. So, I wouldn't expect to see me at any races anytime soon...

CBS 03-15-2011 05:07 PM

Jason.....that was one of the funniest videos I have ever seen.......

and I forwarded them....funny I haven't heard from them since...lol

CBS 03-15-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Verwold (Post 246083)
Rock,

With all that going on how is it your not throwing together a S/St car............lol

That's what I should have built......

its not mine....but its a team car.....lots of effort....again....its just about done....but the engine had a few issues on dyno.....

chebby2 03-15-2011 05:31 PM

No reason for me to show up if Rock & Billy are gonna be there.Trying to get started on my stuff when I 'm done working on everyone elses stuff.

Jason Oldfield 03-15-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBS (Post 246113)
Jason.....that was one of the funniest videos I have ever seen.......

and I forwarded them....funny I haven't heard from them since...lol

Glad you enjoyed the video....Most people did. About the only complaints that I heard was from one guy that thought the language was a bit too strong, and from NHRA. Personally, I thought NHRA sending the police to my house was a bit over the top, but to each his own.

EricArrow 03-15-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield (Post 246131)
Glad you enjoyed the video....Most people did. About the only complaints that I heard was from one guy that thought the language was a bit too strong, and from NHRA. Personally, I thought NHRA sending the police to my house was a bit over the top, but to each his own.

Jason...are you serious?....They sent cops to your home?....Wow. :eek:

Iceman Cometh 03-15-2011 10:23 PM

Chebby, how has off season treated you? Hopefully all is good.
As for Muncie, if I don't get some good testing in at Clay City, I won't make the trip. As for season looks like some D3 stuff in IHRA and NHRA but not all in each. Fuel cost and work will dictate my season as it will for most racers.

NHRA - D3 events Indy, Norwalk, Columbus, BG. NHRA Nat - Norwalk, Bristol, Joliet (only if indy goes well) and SN at Columbus

IHRA - D3 Clay City double, London Ky. double, Pittsburgh double (awesome 3 trips and 6 races especially with fuel cost) and Martin Mich Nat becasue Moser race. That's it unless I pick up some fundage on the way.

Hope to see you guys soon.

Jason Oldfield 03-16-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricArrow (Post 246161)
Jason...are you serious?....They sent cops to your home?....Wow. :eek:

Yep. Dead serious.

63corvette 03-16-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield (Post 246226)
Yep. Dead serious.

Tom and the boys at NHRA must not have a sense of humor...

Of course we all knew they were jerks by the way they treat the sportsman racers...

T Hall 03-16-2011 07:24 PM

Jason and rock, quit the k5 on the video! What are you guys talking about? I want to see this, sounds good.

Jason Oldfield 03-16-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T Hall (Post 246397)
Jason and rock, quit the k5 on the video! What are you guys talking about? I want to see this, sounds good.

Tony - I thought every drag racer on the planet saw the video I did. It had 12,000 views in 2 days before I took the original down to edit it. Regardless, here's a link to the ClassRacer thread:

http://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=31116

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread...

T Hall 03-17-2011 08:28 AM

OK, Jason, I absolutely saw that video and LMAO!!! That was brilliant! I didn't realize you made it. NICE!!

Jason Oldfield 03-17-2011 10:02 AM

Thanks.

Getting back on topic, I plan to be at the TNT Super Street races, and potentially the .90 Nationals at Numidia (and anywhere else that Leber drags me to break my *****)...

CBS jr 03-17-2011 11:43 AM

Had to watch the video again still very funny!!
When you go to the races watch out for the men in black. lol

CBS 03-17-2011 09:40 PM

That was a masterpiece Jason........

Anyway....everybody is staying a little closer to home this year.....certainly can't blame anybody for that......I've got spring fever big time.....everybody is texting me from BelleRose.....and its killing me.....I love that race.....if you ever get the chance....certainly put that one on your list......for us its a 20 hour drive.......so its tough to justify.....Indy will be here before we know it.....

Rock

EricArrow 03-17-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield (Post 246529)
Thanks.

Getting back on topic, I plan to be at the TNT Super Street races, and potentially the .90 Nationals at Numidia (and anywhere else that Leber drags me to break my *****)...

You should come down to PRP for the div...since they aren't running us class guys at the Nitro Scam...:rolleyes: See you at Numidia.

SSTRACER323 03-18-2011 10:36 AM

Well you will not see me at any Nationals even to watch, I will come and see everyone at the Chicago Div and Norwalk Div maybe Earlville...

I have taken up trap shooting now and it is awesome. A box of shells is about $6.00 and box of 100 clays is about $10.00 and i can shoot in my back yard and no one messes with you. I do not have to replace my gun every 2 years, i do not have to replace my ear plugs every 3 years, No cleanup fees. I do spend more money on the NHRA decals on put on the clays.... hahahah..

The video is too funny, nice job Jason.

Bob Verwold 03-18-2011 11:13 AM

Lee, that sounds like watching paint dry..........

X-TECH MAN 03-18-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Verwold (Post 246745)
Lee, that sounds like watching paint dry..........

or sail boat racing.

SSTRACER323 03-18-2011 12:37 PM

Hahahaha That is funny Bob.... remember i manage an autobody shop... so i watch paint dry all day long...ahahahahha:D

I am too big for sailboat racing!!!!! :)

Gerber3533 03-18-2011 04:55 PM

Weather permitting, we'll be at Muncie... Can't wait to get out of this house!!

luckydog 03-19-2011 10:05 AM

You may see me at Muncie, running in Pro. My plans are to stay close to home this year, most likely only Norwalk and Muncie bracket racing. If I do any traveling this year it will be the IHRA 5K at MIR and the .90 Nationals.

Rick Bailey 03-19-2011 10:58 AM

Hey Jason, On what grounds did NHRA sent popo to your house ? Are they "NHRA" now going to take "Freedom of Speech" away. ? Or one must not have ill thoughts of "NHRA"

lol lol lol

Rick

CBS 03-19-2011 08:50 PM

I'm surprised we haven't heard from the lunch sluts.......awfully quiet ........are you guys waxing the bottom of your trailers......lol.....

Jeff Beckman 03-20-2011 04:18 PM

Hey Rock, had the Super Gas car out 2 times S. Georgia and Gators. S. Georgia was as big of a mistake as Atlanta was last year, the track was so cold I could not keep the car straight. I think the early divisionals may be a waste. I hope to take the dragster to the 4 wide circus, if I get it back together in time.

I had no idea Jason did that video, I got it from Dick Vandameer and posted on here, I thought it was so funny. It was pulled down within an hour. My bad I guess.

Get something runin will Ya?

Hey Lunch Sluts wake up! Can we say slut? Cudos Jason

Eddie Arnold Jr. 03-23-2011 01:15 AM

Colorful will be at Munice next to Gerber in live and living color :) ,,, Sorry I haven't been posting guys been retired for a year and I really don't know how I had time to go to work ,, Getting Physical tomorrorw , should be picking up BIG Block next week , and putting car back together ,,,,,

Honestly I've been reading the posts just haven't had time to Reply ,,,, Glad to see most of the good guys are still here ,,,,,

Miss all of you folks and can't wait to get back out there

Colorful Racer