CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   4 cylinder cars? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=15499)

art leong 02-28-2009 12:02 PM

Re: 4 cylinder cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonatoEng (Post 108086)
Rob,
You forgot my Daytona :eek: from the list.

I would look at a PT turbo with a plastic intake not the aluminum one with an auto trans.

John I'm looking at using the bottom part of the manifold on my car with a box plenum on top of it.

DonatoEng 02-28-2009 02:41 PM

If you prep the PT in case you have to pull the head it should not be too bad. The aero is not the best but you have the same base engine as the SRT's.

Tim,
Working on going full time in the shop building transmissions and prep'ing cars. I have quite a few people asking me to build or consult on their Challenger package car for Stock, S/S Eliminator.
The A413/904 input shafts and KD levers are still popular and I will have a manual valve body w & w/o trans brake soon.

Art,
What engine are you running ?

art leong 02-28-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonatoEng (Post 108110)
If you prep the PT in case you have to pull the head it should not be too bad. The aero is not the best but you have the same base engine as the SRT's.

Tim,
Working on going full time in the shop building transmissions and prep'ing cars. I have quite a few people asking me to build or consult on their Challenger package car for Stock, S/S Eliminator.
The A413/904 input shafts and KD levers are still popular and I will have a manual valve body w & w/o trans brake soon.

Art,
What engine are you running ?

2.4 N/A 12.5 comp. JE's GRP rods, crane 4.33 lift cam, head by forward motion, trans brake by Chad Kilbeck. PTC converter 3.72 final drive.
I just ordered new pistons 14 to 1. And was going to use the .490 lift cams then crane went bust.

DonatoEng 02-28-2009 11:09 PM

Sounds like a good combination. What size throttle body are you running ?
Are you planning to run a log manifold on top of the PT lower ?

If so, you end up with the throttle body opening aiming to the side of the car. I would run the Mitsu head with the intake on the back side and an intake similar to the PT. That way the intake opening is aimed to the front of the car.

art leong 03-01-2009 10:55 AM

John you have a PM.

treessavoy 03-06-2009 09:33 PM

Didn't Ford put a turbo on a 4cyl in the mustangs in the late '70's. What would that combination be like.

Mike Carr 03-06-2009 10:00 PM

I can't speak on the late 70's Mustangs. However, there have been at least three fast 80's Fords with turbos in the past few years, I believe they were all 140 cid motors. Mark Walton had an I/FI Mustang, Mark Yacavone has a U/S-V/S Mustang, and Bob Shaw had a U/SA Capri. All were/are damn fast.