CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Crate Motor Class (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=15088)

Todd Hoven 01-12-2018 03:39 PM

Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN (Post 553571)
bull poop !

Just your opinion, since your not tech it means nothing. When guys are disqualified then they’re illegal.

Ed Wright 01-12-2018 03:47 PM

Most racers I know think we have too many classes now. Appears IHRA needed them to have some sort of a car count.

Coleydog 01-12-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Hoven (Post 553595)
Who cares? What one filled up in IHRA faster? That’s your answer

Sorry, maybe I didn't word it right. Class or crate not class in crate
or if building a new car, whitch one would be easier?

X-TECH MAN 01-13-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Hoven (Post 553597)
Just your opinion, since your not tech it means nothing. When guys are disqualified then they’re illegal.

Your right to a pin point.....After 3 years working in Div. 1 with Greg X. and 22 1/2 years with IHRA as their main Stock, Super Stock tech guy I think I know more about what is going on than you. Stock Elim. DIED in 1985 with the cam and valve spring rules. The joke we have today is nothing more than a Jr. S/S category still being called stock. It gets worse every year. Big cams, roller rockers, heads massaged more than the old Super Modified. The aftermarket heads, carbs, etc. has made it a laughing joke to the real stock racers of days gone by. I quit when some where around 15 years ago when Mike Baker (IHRA Tech Director) allowed the acid ported heads in Top Stock and GM performance(Title sponsor with a crazy engineer) rammed the crate engines up our butts. Oh well....enjoy running your borrowed Hemi. I have yet to see any of the single 4 Barrel carbs on those who run that combo have the correct carb. I guess your (Bartons) is the dual quad version.

NHRA1926 01-13-2018 12:04 PM

In my humble opinion,Crate motors water down the program. Sorry your IHRA car does not fit within a NHRA class. NHRA should not have to change their rules to allow cars from another sanctioning body to "Fit" into their program. Kinda like someone coming to America, then wanting to change our values and beliefs to "Fit" their way of life back where they came from. If they want it the way they had it, then maybe they should have stayed where they were, and changed their program. Maybe, if that's not an option, you could go to another place. But remember, Our House, our rules. If you don't like it, go play somewhere else. Maybe there is a reason why you guys just are not sticking with IHRA. Oh that's right, it didn't work very well, that's why your trying to come play in our sand box. Well, most of us will truly welcome you to our program, but you need to play by our rules. Maybe a little harsh, but sometimes the truth hurts.

GUMP 01-13-2018 03:01 PM

I have a strange feeling that this thread is fixing to go in another direction.......

Randy Parker 01-14-2018 11:28 AM

Agree Gump, thanks div.2!

Michael Beard 01-14-2018 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Hoven (Post 553597)
When guys are disqualified then they’re illegal.

An expertly crafted answer! Is the converse also true?

There is a difference between what is legal and what "passes".

Your statement isn't always true, anyway. Apparently people have forgotten about the racer who was thrown out of Indy years ago because his heads looked "too stock"... because they were ACTUALLY stock, and not doctored like everyone else's. NHRA was later proven wrong, and the racer barely got a mumbled apology -- no public apology or retraction in Nat'l Dragster! Didn't get to race and never got his money back, nor his class win reinstated.

impstocker 01-16-2018 02:40 PM

I would rather see IHRA Stock/GT Class in NHRA, just saying.

Will Lamprecht
Div 1 I/SA 65 Impala

Ed Wright 01-16-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Beard (Post 553713)
Apparently people have forgotten about the racer who was thrown out of Indy years ago because his heads looked "too stock".

Seriously?? Who was that?