CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   TruSTART GAINS MOMENTUM WITH ACCUTIME (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71464)

Dave Muller 11-08-2018 05:33 PM

Re: TruSTART GAINS MOMENTUM WITH ACCUTIME

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALMACK (Post 576554)
I agree on using indexes for time runs.

I know it is a lot more work for the people in the tower, but it benefits both spectators and racers

I would love that! I could learn a lot by comparing my estimate on how much I got (or didn't get) the stripe by with what the timeslip says.

RTP S/S 11-08-2018 05:39 PM

When you think about it: All the catagories that run a Pro Tree, TF,FC,PS, SG, etc. already have the TruStart, the worst redlight is the loser. Been that way for years. Seems simple enough to utilize it across the board.

Rick Pennington GT/P 2022

Jim Caughlin 11-08-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALMACK (Post 576554)
I agree on using indexes for time runs.

I know it is a lot more work for the people in the tower, but it benefits both spectators and racers

With about a third of the field hammering the brakes at the 1000' mark, this will clearly benefit the spectators on understanding how class racing works.

Hacksaw 11-08-2018 06:36 PM

Big no! from me on Trustart in S or SS.

David Lee 11-08-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hacksaw (Post 576562)
Big no! from me on Trustart in S or SS.

why so?

Chris1529 11-08-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas sheehan (Post 576543)
TruSTART was used last weekend at the Hagerstown (Stock/SS) race. I'd bet most of the racers that were there didn't even realize it!
I saw it in round two when a slower car left with a green, and after his opponent (the faster car) left, the slower car's light dropped to a red. I went and looked at my time ticket, and low and behold, TruSTART was printed right on the bottom of the ticket.

I think on one of my time runs on Saturday, that happened. I noticed something happened, but did not know they were running TruStart.

BG56 11-08-2018 08:22 PM

I must be missing something. FS & Pinto Wagon race and Pinto redlights. Green shows? And if they both RL both race to the line not knowing this? When is the RL "unvieled"? I'm thinking new Can O Worms.

Jim Caughlin 11-08-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BG56 (Post 576569)
I must be missing something. FS & Pinto Wagon race and Pinto redlights. Green shows? And if they both RL both race to the line not knowing this? When is the RL "unvieled"? I'm thinking new Can O Worms.

Red light is illuminated as soon as the second car leaves so drivers can look at the scoreboard and will know that there was a red light issue.

rocketolds400 11-08-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin (Post 576572)
Red light is illuminated as soon as the second car leaves so drivers can look at the scoreboard and will know that there was a red light issue.

Yup!

Our local track announcer likes to compare it to a poker game. You don't know who wins until everyone shows their hand.

thomas sheehan 11-08-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris1529 (Post 576567)
I think on one of my time runs on Saturday, that happened. I noticed something happened, but did not know they were running TruStart.

I had it happen to me on saturday also.