CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2013 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=49030)

Lyn Smith 08-26-2013 05:06 PM

Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2013

Hey Larry didn't you mean to say"What 46 older cars can we out qualify".LOL

Mike Fuller 08-26-2013 05:42 PM

The people that know how to deal with the weather conditions will have the upper hand.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+USIN0745:1:US

Jack Matyas 08-26-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 396434)
Well the stacking lot is clear. Looks like you can pull right in and park now!

Hopefully the Teuton gang is moving by now. They got about 5 miles out of Bowling Green this morning onto the interstate and a truck load of batteries had turned over on the interstate. As of 2:30, they had not moved since 10:30, Haven't heard anything lately.

Stacking lot is filling up again - we got here around seven and they sent us to the lot - probably four or more rows now ...............

Larry Hill 08-26-2013 09:33 PM

Just got back in from some good pizza at Union Jacks! The stacking lot is filling back up. Rode up and checked things out a little earlier. Most people parked in their usual spots. Lots of Cobra Jets all along the right side of the road as you go up to staging. Tech starts at 8 in the morning. I will try to get lots of pics tomorrow!

Night, night!

TOSTO RACING 08-26-2013 09:54 PM

Have fun and good luck guys wish I was there!

Ken Miele 08-27-2013 12:12 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I know its a little late, but I did get a few photos. I only found 3 cars that were out, tomorrow should be fun. Its cool to see all the cars from the different divisions.

Jack Matyas 08-27-2013 07:43 AM

Good morning gang -- Ok , first things first - its early in the morning and already the hum of generators is everywhere as the humidity is high - way too high for this time .Like they say in the song 'back home in Indiana' it is good to be back but what a welcome - heat and humidity and I got to spend the night in a grassy field .

Today its parking and tech - then hang around racers from all parts of our great country and tell stories - mostly tall tales about how good we are at this sport or how much our competition are 'playing in grey areas' or how soft their horsepower is .This is the place alright - make new friends and go home about ten pounds heavier .

Me? I'm just thankful to be here - without the support of family and a few friends helping me there is no way i'd be parked here ready to do battle with the best racers on this planet ......Truthfully I never saw this day coming .And a special thanks to Joey Burns , my friend from Carfagno Chevrolet who spent hours with me just trying to help make my racer work the way it is supposed to - i can't thank you enough and i'm glad to call you my friend .

Welcome to Indy - and hang on as it'll be a ride you won't forget ...............

Mike Taylor 3601 08-27-2013 08:56 AM

Thanks for the coverage,Jack.
I had planned on coming up Wednesday night,Thursday morning,but it does'nt look good right now,I have alot of work to get done,and biffold that needs a refill,I know there is no way to get the work done in time,but if get enough to get a little biffold refill I will sneak away the work.
Mike Taylor 3601

stage1scott 08-27-2013 09:02 AM

Thanks to the HIlls, Jack and Ken for the coverage I so enjoy and good luck to all racers that made the trip!

Ken Miele 08-27-2013 10:29 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Here is what tech look like this morning. It went fairly quick, but I was up there early. The tech lines are now full, but it still seems to be moving right along.