CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Should Indy be an All Run Field in Stock? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=24921)

Dean3870 04-06-2010 05:47 PM

Re: Should Indy be an All Run Field in Stock?

If you made indy a all run feild, would be the only way I for one could qualify. But in no way should it be! If that was the case then it would be like just a nother IHRA meet. Not that i have any problem with IHRA. But any one can run! You would take away the whole meaning of indy if it was a all run feild! I do agree with Jack thoe! it SHOULD be a class winners, and then fastest!!!!!!!!!!!!lets try not to compleatley forget about tradition!

Jim Wahl 04-06-2010 08:23 PM

[QUOTE=Billy Nees;180245]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Carr (Post 180220)
The correct option isn't listed in the poll.

3) "All Class Winners, plus Low ET Qualifiers, to make 128 car field".

So the question is, why was this left off of the poll?
It IS the only correct option!
(That is unless you're one of the CJs or DPs that didn't win class! But what the hell, bump out those old pieces of s**t!)

Amen Billy! Amen!!!! Jim

Mike Carr 04-06-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LEGEND (Post 180322)
Stock is BRacket racing with rules. and if you think it's not the same that would explain why you don't win.
Chip Johnson

Not necesarily, Chip. I know a few really good bracket/.90 racers that tried Stock/SS, and failed. One friend wouldn't even try it, because "it sounded too hard and complicated". It may be similar, but also has a world of differences. Like Lee said, and so true, "Class Racing isn't for everyone". Thankfully, both exist and each has their option.

442OLDS 04-06-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy (Post 180329)
billy...
the only true question was left off the poll because the starter of the thread cant win class or qualify therefore that wasnt an option...

the captain

Be sure to vote in the NEW poll!

BTW,I know you can't run with Bob Shaw so class isn't looking too good,and once all of the new cars are completed,I believe you are a DNQ just like me!

Clayton Wright 04-06-2010 08:55 PM

[QUOTE=Billy Nees;180245]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Carr (Post 180220)
The correct option isn't listed in the poll.

3) "All Class Winners, plus Low ET Qualifiers, to make 128 car field".

So the question is, why was this left off of the poll?
It IS the only correct option!
(That is unless you're one of the CJs or DPs that didn't win class! But what the hell, bump out those old pieces of s**t!)

I agree Billy but I think it should go one step farther. Only Class Winners. Then we could see some real racing. I guess I started doing this a long time ago when it was a lot more fun. Oh well I can dream.
Clayton

Mike Carr 04-06-2010 09:04 PM

Mr Wright, that would probably make for the quickest way to even out the soft HP combos...if all Nationals were Class Winners only. However, I guarantee the big ego, big money guys (and cars) would never go for it.

Ed Fernandez 04-06-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 442OLDS (Post 180446)
Be sure to vote in the NEW poll!

BTW,I know you can't run with Bob Shaw so class isn't looking too good,and once all of the new cars are completed,I believe you are a DNQ just like me!

Bob has us all covered and more.A fact of life.For that reason I'll probably never go to Indy.Unless I hit Power Ball.Then watch out Bob I'm coming after you.:>)

442OLDS 04-06-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez (Post 180456)
Bob has us all covered and more.A fact of life.For that reason I'll probably never go to Indy.Unless I hit Power Ball.Then watch out Bob I'm coming after you.:>)

IF money were no object,what could you do to run with him in your current car?
Didn't he run something like 13.00 in U/SA?

Ed Fernandez 04-06-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 442OLDS (Post 180468)
IF money were no object,what could you do to run with him in your current car?
Didn't he run something like 13.00 in U/SA?

Of course I'd still keep my car.I'm a diehard AMC guy.I'd just shoot his tires out at the 1/8th.

Ron Ortiz 04-06-2010 11:03 PM

Hey 442 Olds, Bob Shaw ran a low 13 something at like at 91 MPH. That really equates to around a 14.30 at that speed. You do the math!

Ron Ortiz
U/SA letting out can you say