CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Horsepower on Tuesday (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=69574)

dw3113 04-16-2018 12:27 PM

Re: Horsepower on Tuesday

James, it'll be interesting to see if they consider Camaro and Chevy II same platform. Back in 2016 when Gullett got the 327/275 stick hit, they didn't put hp on Camaro, but in 2015 when 350/300 stick got hit they put it on both platforms. Shows how consistent they are.

Charley Downing 04-16-2018 12:32 PM

Just to be clear i'm not saying these cars would not have passed a teardown, But there needs to be checks and balances by NHRA.
Whats to stop someone from putting a bigger carb or throttle body on for a heads up run if no one is going to check for this kind of stuff.

Bob Gullett 04-16-2018 12:42 PM

The Nova should not get the added HP. 2 years ago when I got tagged 4hp on my combo the Camaro's didn't. In the past they were grouped together so I asked Pat why in the past when the Camaro's were the cause of the added HP the Nova's got it as well or vice versa. He told me that in the past that should have never happened as the Camaro is a F body and the Nova is a X body hence different platforms. Hopefully that still holds true.

HR9121 04-16-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley Downing (Post 560759)
Just to be clear i'm not saying these cars would not have passed a teardown, But there needs to be checks and balances by NHRA.
Whats to stop someone from putting a bigger carb or throttle body on for a heads up run if no one is going to check for this kind of stuff.

Agreed, been saying this for a while.....

J.R. Haddad 04-16-2018 12:46 PM

Charlie, you are right. We all have too much invested to let self policing
be the order of the day. And, like you, I am not suggesting anybody
wasn't right, but a check of head numbers, intake & throttle body
numbers would be in order. We have gone from full tear down to
nothing, there needs to be a middle ground. J.R.

J.LISA 04-16-2018 12:50 PM

I emailed Pat Cvengros this morning regarding 70 nova
350/300 his reply Nova is a different platform than the
Camaro so the nova is safe

Race Clean 04-16-2018 01:02 PM

Looking in the guide a hood change seems to be all thats needed to go back to 286!

Adub464Q 04-16-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Clean (Post 560772)
Looking in the guide a hood change seems to be all thats needed to go back to 286!

Hmmm....may have noticed that as well....

Ed Carpenter 04-16-2018 01:09 PM

I thought a few years s ago nhra made several 69 Camaro owners put flat hoods on there car? I'm going to ask Glen Gray about tear downs when I see him this weekend.

BRETV 04-16-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley Downing (Post 560759)

X100

Bret Velde
2003 SS/LA