CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from New England Dragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=34818)

Mike Brogniez 07-22-2011 09:02 PM

Re: Live from New England Dragway,Epping,NH-NHRA LucasOil Se

Hope no news is good news, must have been super hot in the cars....
Nothing better to recoup than some R & R, to prepare for tomorrow....
MB

mat H/SA 07-22-2011 09:29 PM

Mike if you think last week was hot!!! you ain't seen nothing

great car count 80+ stock and a bunch of ss.

hope tomorrow will be cooler

Jim Carter 07-22-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Brogniez (Post 270647)
On the 2nd TT think he went 15.619 at 84.80 mph still showing DQ....

That PT may represent the last" truly legitimate" Mopar stocker.
No lexan windowed, gutted shell race car with bogus motors.

Kind of refreshing to see that car.
I guess if the PT Cruiser were still being made, Lord only knows what
sort of "Drag Pak" bundle they would have come up with.
Maybe a V-10, Two speed auto, 4 - wheel line lock, rear wheel conversion.
Someone would do it up with rat rod satin paint with Moon discs and flames.
Probably a B car The V-10 would be rated 275 hp due to "restrictive" exhaust
manifolds. Yeah, that's the ticket.

butch8908 07-22-2011 11:00 PM

It's pretty amazing that the car counts at Epping and Hebron and Sonoma are greater than the National at Denver. Makes you wonder about how you are treated at a National NHRA event. I'll be in Jackson, SC tomorrow and how to have at least as many cars to watch in S/SS as they have in Denver. Got to take a cooler of Gatorade and Water.

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 05:50 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Took a few shots yesterday afternoon ................

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 06:02 AM

9 Attachment(s)
OK - a few more..............The last three photos are of the display from the ASRA -they are celebrating thirty years of All-Stars racing - if you're here stop by for a free water and check it out -at the rear of Marc LaBrecques' pit near the staging lanes - thanks to Greg Barsamain for making the display.

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 06:26 AM

9 Attachment(s)
And then there was last night - took a ride with my longtime friend Bill Shurla to Seabrook, NH to meet another friend -well maybe not a friend but .......we were only friends a short time before he disapeared - who is he? He's the guest of honor in these photos .....And a local from nearby Maine......As Sammy Murray would say - "the lobsta" ........I had "chowda" along with him ..........Mmmmmmmmm - talk about sweet meat - this was it .After being in "Hell" all day yesterday - this was my reward "Heaven" for sure ..........Kenny will surely not like my expense report now .....its killer ! ! !

Jack Matyas 07-23-2011 06:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And now for some of why we're here this weekend - racing to start at 9am this morning with Stock going out first for their last qualifer but I don't think that will happen - at least on time as I'll say that four letter word you haven't heard much from me this season - thats right - rain at this moment - its overcast and coming down enough to rain on our parade as they say ........I'll keep you up to date .

Chevellewagon 07-23-2011 06:46 AM

Local weather report says it will be moving out around 8 or 9, Then here comes the sun again and high around 95 with the humidity back.
Tomorrow high about 86 and drier air.
I'll be there spectating. Usually around the area of Elroy Dame (red 69 Road Runner C/SA).
I hope to meet some of the guys from this site.

Phil Daly aka Chevellewagon

robzneed4speed 07-23-2011 07:28 AM

Well it was a great day 1. The cars ran well despite the high heat(I thought). There was enough of a breeze that my 8 year old son and I survived a day in the grandstands. I had a highlight video put together from yesterday, but after fighting with the hotels wi-fi until 12:30 this morning, I lost. Won't get home until tomorrow morning and will start posting some video for everyone to enjoy. Nice to FINALLY meet you Jack. Good luck to all the racers today.

--Rob