CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Super Gas Burndown (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=7766)

CBS jr 11-06-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Super Gas Burndown

I always give one chance and the next time i race them its on. One time someone took forever to stage so the next time i let them do the burnout then i let them sit ... then when i was ready i did my burnout then they put the first light on then i let them sit some more then they staged and after that we raced. The guy behind me after the race stopped and said that was great. After that this person stopped being an A H O L E. just my 2 cents.

PA ... still no picture???

CBS 11-06-2007 05:47 PM

got it... awesome.....thanks...

bighead 11-06-2007 06:14 PM

CBS:

What is wrong with Div. 4? BTW, Todd who? LOL!

Tom Goldman 11-06-2007 07:18 PM

Asta and I had a barn burner many years ago at the Keystone's, long before courtesy staging or Auto start........... Both of us knew in the staging lanes neither would stage first........ After the burn out , it took nearly 45 seconds for either of us to even get close to the tree, much to Buster Couch's displeasure. ....Once we finaly staged , Buster took over, and proceded to give us both a lesson in staging etiquet. After about 30 seconds ,when the RPM's started to come down ,and the converters were melting , he activated the tree...... I lost it, but somehow John managed to nail it with a 00 lite. ..... Later while he was taking a break, he saw both of us in the lanes ,and as only Buster could, reminded us that neither of us could win against him!. ... Thats whats missing today, when a racer continously plays the same game, only the racer in the other lane can make an attempt to disrupt the other racers game. ...... Tom

990 Novas 11-06-2007 07:19 PM

Hey Rock, no offense taken. I was just giving my point of view, as I was there and witnessed what went on. Everybody has there idiosincricies, but my theory is just get in and let's race. No games...In fact I do better when someone tries to burn me down, it gives me time for my thick head to concentrate.

-Ventura Motorsports

CBS jr 11-06-2007 07:40 PM

Greg... your problem is you can't stay in one place it takes 2 or 3 times to park your trailer. lol

CBS 11-07-2007 10:25 AM

Bighead...I just haven't made it down there....it's certainly on my list of things to do....but its just so far....and with racers like you and now Todd Stewart....I'm afraid to go down there.....

CBS

Steve VanderSloot 11-07-2007 11:37 AM

It's pretty obvious that Ed plays this game to get into the heads of others. I'm sure being a dick like this is what he feels he needs to do to gain an advantage over the competition. However, I'd be surprised if he has many friends or the respect of his fellow competitors for the obvious display of unsportsmanship.

Good for Jim. If Ed wants to play psychological warfare, then he'll find people like Jim who can play that game too if dragged into it. I think Ed will find it to work against him in the long run.

Webster 11-07-2007 11:49 AM

Ed Olpin......don't change a thing!!!!!!!

Jason Kenny 11-07-2007 12:44 PM

I love playing staging games. I figure since I have no ability to focus or concentrate, might as well try to bring the other racer down to my level! Asta, I will forever be grateful for the advice. Thanks again.

Maybe they need to institute a Nitro Joe type of rule for staging, but how would they make a similar rule for pre-staging? Maybe they need to start throwing both racers out?

I got tossed out of a Top 8 race a few years ago, and the Division Director later told me he couldn't do that on Sunday (Top 8 was a Friday), since there was no official rule in "the book" regarding staging burndowns. But I'm now thinking ... isn't that one line "the race directors decision is final" pretty much allow him to do whatever he wants?