CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   national trails super series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=23455)

JoshVanHorne 02-04-2010 07:33 PM

Re: national trails super series

I would love it if Joe put together a Super Street series. I know its selfish but I dont care about s/c or s/g. S/ST is the only class that always has a good turnout. It wouldnt bother me if you guys went 10.90 @ 180 lol. I'll be slow at 134 or 135 anyway but usually right around 10.90...

kmyers 02-04-2010 08:23 PM

Well Joe, looks like the pressure is on to see if you can put something together. I'd be willing help out in any way that I can. As long as I get to race.

DEWMAN 02-05-2010 01:39 PM

Count me in Joe. Anything i can do.
DEWMAN S/ST 3260 10.900@112.89

kmyers 02-05-2010 02:09 PM

Hey Dewman, I see that you picked up a little steam....Tail wind?

Bob Verwold 02-05-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmyers (Post 167375)
Hey Dewman, I see that you picked up a little steam....Tail wind?

Or a good air day.....

S/ST .........10.94 @ 105.71
Wait are we doing 1/8 or 1/4 ??

mitch sowers 02-05-2010 02:36 PM

Hey Dewman,
What's up with the 10.900 @ 112.89 You were 10.900 @ 112.00 .
Your going to make all of us add the big power stuff, just to keep up with ya.

I HATE BEING CHASED!!!!!!
Mitch & Zee 366P s/st s/g

DEWMAN 02-05-2010 03:06 PM

I lost a little weight. LOL
PUT CHRISTY IN THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEWMAN 3260 S/ST 10.900@ 112.89

kmyers 02-05-2010 08:58 PM

Hey Dewman, I heard you like to cheat, (LOL). Now you're putting a hired gun in the hot rod. Is this how you won the NTR Super Street Championship last year? Are you sure that Webster Powerplant just don't grow horsepower when you need it?

DEWMAN 02-06-2010 10:13 AM

Kevin there is no need to cheat when eveyone is scared of that hotrod.
DEWMAN S/ST 3260 10.900@ 112.89

kmyers 02-07-2010 03:36 PM

So that's the real reason why Layton canceled the Super Series. Nobody stands a chance w/ you in that hot rod.

Jim Butcher SST3755 02-09-2010 04:36 PM

Super Street Racers:
This looks like a good time to ask all of you on here if you would help me support another "Racing For Cancer" Super Street Race this year?? As most of you know we had two races last year and raised nearly $5500 that we donated to the James Cancer Hospital, half of that be donated by Jeg's (thanks Jeggy).
We have had a great success at these two races and have been asked by non 10.90 racers if we could do something to included them. We had considered doing a high dollar bracket race this year, but I don't think we could get the needed funds to guarantee the payouts that we wanted. So I am thinking about trying to combine both SST races into a Friday/Saturday format with all proceeds going to the James again.
So what if we had a $1000 to win race on Friday night to get everyone at the track on Friday and then stepped up to a $2000 or $3000 purse on Saturday. We should be able to keep the entries to like $30 on Friday night and $50 on Saturday. Plus, you can double enter into S/Pro if you would like and take some of Mike's money!!
Give me some feedback as far as dates, etc. to I can get something scheduled with Mike. Anyone who came to one of our races last year know's that we run a good race and it is a ton of fun. Most importantly, we are helping people in need.
Let me know, thanks!!

DEWMAN 02-11-2010 10:53 AM

Sounds good JIM,I like the 2 races for one tow. Count me in.
DEWMAN 3260 SST 6.95@75.55 LOL

Jim Butcher SST3755 02-11-2010 12:22 PM

Dewey:
Since you are Mr. Divisional, give me some dates that would work to try and draw as many D3 racers in as possible!! Thanks!!

kmyers 02-11-2010 01:29 PM

Not sure about the Friday part unless we are talking a night race, other than that it sounds good to me. Time off of work is hard to come by. Let me know the dates you arrange.

Kevin

Bill Hoskinson 02-12-2010 12:10 AM

Any race Butcher is promoting, and operating, I will support.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Sheldon!!!!!

Jim Butcher SST3755 02-12-2010 11:43 AM

How about Friday and Saturday, October 8th and 9th?? I checked all around for schedule conflicts and the only major one is Trails Hoot-out is that weekend. Is this too late in the season, is the Trails Hoot-out going to hurt the car count, another date better?? I know it is late in the season, but the air would be cool, camping would be awesome and if we do a Friday and Saturday race with decent payouts, participation ought to be good.
Kevin, we would definitely do a night race on Friday so everyone would have a chance to get there and get a couple of time shots in.
Thanks for the feedback. Ask around to all of your SST buddies and let's see where this thing goes!! Thanks!!

DEWMAN 02-12-2010 02:46 PM

Jim, How about MAY 8th and 9th.

kmyers 02-12-2010 03:46 PM

Mother's day is on the 9th, 7th and 8th and It's the weekend before Norwalk Disional.

Jim Butcher SST3755 02-28-2010 11:53 AM

Kevin and Dewey:
You guys faded out on me here......still would like to have a SST race for the Racing for Cancer if we can find a date that will attract the cars. Would like to see at least 50 line up for the first round!! Please shoot some more dates at me that we can look at. Thanks for the help!!

Bob Verwold 02-28-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Butcher SST3755 (Post 172001)
Kevin and Dewey:
You guys faded out on me here......still would like to have a SST race for the Racing for Cancer if we can find a date that will attract the cars. Would like to see at least 50 line up for the first round!! Please shoot some more dates at me that we can look at. Thanks for the help!!

I think Dewey is kinda waiting on me to see if Edgewater is going to have a super series. He's got so much money he's wanting to go to the river boats gambling, then go racing...................:D

And Kevin well, he's still looking for a trailer..............hehehe

kmyers 02-28-2010 08:38 PM

Hey Jim, I'll look @ my schedule and get with Dewey and get you some dates. It'd be nice to get a 50+ car count for such a great cause. If we can get the guys @ Edgewater to commit to some dates, we can get a better Idea, but I think your race will more than likely take precedence.
Hey Bob,
Can we get you to come up for this?

Bob Verwold 03-01-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmyers (Post 172107)
Hey Jim, I'll look @ my schedule and get with Dewey and get you some dates. It'd be nice to get a 50+ car count for such a great cause. If we can get the guys @ Edgewater to commit to some dates, we can get a better Idea, but I think your race will more than likely take precedence.
Hey Bob,
Can we get you to come up for this?

Tom & I were talking about running up there IF it's 1/4 hate the 1/8 mi. Don't even know how to dial the car for 1/8 on the stop..............

Jim Butcher SST3755 03-01-2010 11:22 AM

Bob:
Thanks for the input!! We will have a Friday test-n-tune for you to get your ride dialed to 1/8 mile and then hopefully and decent pay out gambler's race the same night.
As Kevin said, the most important thing is the cause!! Raising money for cancer research is the main goal and I guarantee you we will have some fun!!
Let me know what dates you guys come up with and thanks again!!

kmyers 03-01-2010 01:49 PM

Hey Jim,
I didn't get a chance to talk w/ the DEWMAN, but here's a couple of dates to get everyone talking.
MAY 8
June 26
Sept 18

Jim Butcher SST3755 03-07-2010 07:44 PM

Kevin and Dewey:
If we can put a SST series of four or six races together at PDP on dates that do not conflict with the NHRA divisionals, are you guys in and how many others can you get to come up?? We have started a thread on the PDP website and so far we have around 20 players who said they would participate. If we could get around ten more that would be regulars, we might be able to put it together. We would run these in conjunction with regular points races, so you could double enter into SPro if you wanted to. Let me know, thanks!!