CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Slow Runs! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=81218)

Billy Nees 12-31-2021 02:27 PM

Re: Slow Runs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumple (Post 654793)
You never learn anything when you're talking. There is no secret to asking questions. A genius from the PA hills should know this.

You can learn a lot from talking. You can find out if a person knows anything about the subject he's talking about.
Ya don't have to be a genius to figure that out.
Let alone a no-name newbie.

Mark Yacavone 12-31-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumple (Post 654779)
Says the man with 6,000+ posts. I do know how to communicate with the people at NHRA. Just ask questions. It doesn't take a prolific forum dude to understand their answers.

You forgot to mention that the man uses his own name..for the sake of credibility ;-)

Barry Polley 12-31-2021 03:37 PM

How can the system ever work when you are allowed to drag the system back in time?

gumple 12-31-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 654795)
You can learn a lot from talking. You can find out if a person knows anything about the subject he's talking about.
Ya don't have to be a genius to figure that out.
Let alone a no-name newbie.

No name defense when you're spinning fluff doesn't work.

Billy Nees 12-31-2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumple (Post 654799)
No name defense when you're spinning fluff doesn't work.

Why don't you enlighten me and let me know what "fluff" I'm spinning.

Frank Castros 12-31-2021 06:29 PM

Who is Gumple and why should your opinion matter to members of this forum?
Please reveal yourself.

gumple 01-01-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Castros (Post 654805)
Who is Gumple and why should your opinion matter to members of this forum?
Please reveal yourself.

I try not to get into opinions. I got tired of reading some of the posts here and wanted to offer legitimate info to counter some of the obvious agenda based posts. None of what I offer has an mpact on you because you are not a racer. Gumple is an old German name. Good luck on the Internet this year.

Dwight Southerland 01-01-2022 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMP (Post 654756)
If the NHRA is looking at increments, how should a run with issues be treated?

Some people have issues with every run - not enough power - and those are the ones NHRA tries to identify.

GUMP 01-01-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwight Southerland (Post 654841)
Some people have issues with every run - not enough power - and those are the ones NHRA tries to identify.

I think that there is some truth to that. But, how do you regulate the slower car that still runs old technology? The Cutlass that Chip drives is a great example. So far, it has responded very well to minor upgrades and attention.

Frank Castros 01-01-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gumple (Post 654839)
I try not to get into opinions. I got tired of reading some of the posts here and wanted to offer legitimate info to counter some of the obvious agenda based posts. None of what I offer has an mpact on you because you are not a racer. Gumple is an old German name. Good luck on the Internet this year.

Once a racer always a racer. Who are you, Don Garlits? That's a German name too.