CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   $10,000 AA/S SHOOTOUT at 2024 US NATIONALS (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=86034)

James Perrone 10-28-2023 09:41 AM

Re: $10,000 AA/S SHOOTOUT at 2024 US NATIONALS

This is a great idea
But how many cars in the world fit AA/S?
Not many I believe

J.R. Haddad 10-28-2023 10:49 AM

I imagine, that with AA/S, and AA/SA both having the same index (10.70)
that this will be for sticks and autos?

J.R.

MR DERBY CITY 10-28-2023 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.R. Haddad (Post 687814)
I imagine, that with AA/S, and AA/SA both having the same index (10.70)
that this will be for sticks and autos?

J.R.

I don’t think so JR …..:):)

SS/GSI 10-28-2023 11:02 AM

This shootout is for AA/S(stick only) competitors.

NHRA has zero involvement in this shootout.

Participation is volunteer and not mandatory. If you want to run AA/S outside the shootout rules for the NHRA Class Trophy only, that's fine.

This is not a separate race in a race...we will organize it just like the A/S & A/SA shootout does during the Stock Class Runoffs.

My brother and I are grateful for the friends we have made in the Stock community since acquiring our car...this is simply a way to thank them and revitalize the class.

junior barns 10-28-2023 01:52 PM

Participation is volunteer and not mandatory. If you want to run AA/S outside the shootout rules for the NHRA Class Trophy only, that's fine.

There are no separate rules to run the A/S challenge If the car fits the class your in.

Just an example? If your shootout rule states only bias ply tires to be run in this shootout and some run radials. The radial tire car or cars eliminate half the shootout field! How would this work?

Just thinking out laud. This should bring all the heavy hitters back to this race!

Henrys Toy 10-30-2023 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior barns (Post 687821)

There are no separate rules to run the A/S challenge If the car fits the class your in.

Just an example? If your shootout rule states only bias ply tires to be run in this shootout and some run radials. The radial tire car or cars eliminate half the shootout field! How would this work?

Just thinking out laud. This should bring all the heavy hitters back to this race!

Good morning to all,
Okay ,I'll bite - what would be different then the regular Stock Class rules that we already have?
Not that I've got a dog in this fight yet, But I'm very curious if the rules are any different, what are they?

Respectfully,
Henry Kunz 1534 H/SA

SS/GSI 10-30-2023 06:56 PM

I would like to wait until the flyer is complete to give all the particulars...

With that said, the two main parameters of the shootout are as follows:

1. Both the Winner and Runner-Up will be subject to teardown

2. All participants must NOT weigh less than 20#'s under their A/S minimum(this will allow all participants to be on level playing field due to many of the cars not being able to get to minimum AA/S weight) Shootout Minimum Weight Stickers will be provided and verified after every run.

NOTE: Unless you are going to be participating, please refrain from negative commentary. This shootout is for a group in the Stock community which have given my brother and I so much. This media platform is the easiest way for me to reach out to all perspective competitors.

We would love to get as many attendees as possible. As previously stated, if any competitors have any questions, concerns and/or input, please feel free to call/text me at: 613.229.9582

Bpozzi 10-31-2023 05:51 PM

So the weight thing is kinda particular and narrows the cars down don’t you think? This nearly eliminates the ZL1 427 from being competitive in this shootout at all? So you are looking at 396 Camaros / novas and possibly
lower horse 427 Camaros ? The ZL1 would have to weight close to 3800lbs, that’s absurd by these rules.

SS/GSI 10-31-2023 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bpozzi (Post 687940)
So the weight thing is kinda particular and narrows the cars down don’t you think? This nearly eliminates the ZL1 427 from being competitive in this shootout at all? So you are looking at 396 Camaros / novas and possibly
lower horse 427 Camaros ? The ZL1 would have to weight close to 3800lbs, that’s absurd by these rules.

There has not been a AA/S car compete at Indy in over a decade. Of the 4 AA/S cars who ran in the NHRA last year, only 1 was a 450hp elephant car...the other 3 were A/S cars that usually ran A/S during the season. There is no active ZL1 Camaro's running with a stick as per Nitro Joe Stats in the NHRA. I believe, given the feedback from the racers in AA/S, that this weight platform will be well received. My goal is to get back the guys who have not come out to Indy for a while...although new competitors would be cool too. :)

Jason Shepard 10-31-2023 10:05 PM

With those weight rules, wouldnt most have trouble qualifying for the main race? It took .87 under to get in this year, and with an index of 10.70, you would need to go low 9.80's to have a chance at qualifying.