CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   PRI Show (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68417)

Tim H 12-07-2017 04:23 PM

Re: PRI Show

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Turner (Post 551263)
Friday/Saturday for me..... I'm easy to spot as well - unless I'm standing behind Mr. Hill that is. :eek:

Is Peter Macritchie making the trip as well ?

Ken Miele 12-07-2017 06:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got here early today, very good crowd along with a packed house of vendors. Ran into lots of racers. Vendors were very upbeat about next year, a good sign for sure.

Watson Racing had there Cobra Jet out at The Ford Performance booth. GM Performance had there Hot Wheels COPO on display, the paint was amazing. I will have more photos tomorrow.

Nmbr1GMfan 12-07-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Miele (Post 551313)
Got here early today, very good crowd along with a packed house of vendors. Ran into lots of racers. Vendors were very upbeat about next year, a good sign for sure.

Watson Racing had there Cobra Jet out at The Ford Performance booth. GM Performance had there Hot Wheels COPO on display, the paint was amazing. I will have more photos tomorrow.

Thanks for the pics Ken.

HR9121 12-07-2017 10:47 PM

I could see myself in that Hot Wheels car!

Tim H 12-07-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 551328)
I could see myself in that Hot Wheels car!

Yes, me too just missing the 6 digit bank account . LMAO

ss3011 12-08-2017 12:18 PM

I haven't been to a PRI show since 1988 , and I went Thursday to Indy . The change was striking . What a fantastic show , and very well run . If you get a chance to go , jump on it .

Mike Pearson 12-08-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim H (Post 551329)
Yes, me too just missing the 6 digit bank account . LMAO

Yup. Same here. That is a cool looking ride.

Ken Miele 12-08-2017 11:23 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Another long day, with big crowds, lots to look at and everyone upbeat. Here are some more photos from today's walk around. In the first photo we have Evan Smith on the simulator, it was very realistic. The copper dragster was very cool, the big turbo was for a ship. They said they needed two small turbos to spool up the big turbo.
Skillman had his Super Stock 2016 Cobra Jet out, its the only one in NHRA competition. Another Cobra Jet and a Viper and a big hp engine, definitely not a stocker engine

Ken Miele 12-08-2017 11:35 PM

9 Attachment(s)
More COPO engines, and Geoff Turk's Drag Pak, one of the fastest Factory Showdown cars in the country. A cool 70 Chevelle, Ford's new TVS 2650 Supercharger cutaway. Coan's booth was busy all day. The Holley booth was nuts all day, hard to get through that area.

Rat Raceway 12-09-2017 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Miele (Post 551375)
More COPO engines, and Geoff Turk's Drag Pak, one of the fastest Factory Showdown cars in the country. A cool 70 Chevelle, Ford's new TVS 2650 Supercharger cutaway. Coan's booth was busy all day. The Holley booth was nuts all day, hard to get through that area.

Wow! The Factory shootout cars can now run a remote electric water pump and can cut the body to fit a air intake? Mr Turk’s car is totally different the Leah’s Track pack car!

Wondering when they changed the water pump rule for them or is that for all of stock?