CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   If you like guns (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=41818)

David Lee 07-13-2012 07:20 PM

Re: If you like guns

Bill, how ever told you this has given you some false informatiion. The supreme court in 1954 in the case "Reid v. Covert" that the Bill of Rights and constitution cannot be abrogated by agreements with foreign powers.

Jim Wahl 07-15-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lee (Post 335332)
Bill, how ever told you this has given you some false informatiion. The supreme court in 1954 in the case "Reid v. Covert" that the Bill of Rights and constitution cannot be abrogated by agreements with foreign powers.

I wonder that if the Bill of Rights and the Constitution can not be abrogated by agreements with foreign powers, why is this administration even discussing or considering this? From what I have read, the administration is all ready to sign off on it! Can he do it by Executive Order as he loves to do when he can't get things past Congress? Jim

David Lee 07-15-2012 11:54 AM

No treaty maybe entered into our govt, without the congress approving it by a 2/3 vote and no treaty maybe entered into by executive order.

Jim Wahl 07-15-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lee (Post 335464)
No treaty maybe entered into our govt, without the congress approving it by a 2/3 vote and no treaty maybe entered into by executive order.

I hope you are correct! I am very lacking in knowledge of the Constitution I am sad to say. Jim:rolleyes:

Dick Butler 07-15-2012 10:52 PM

Probably to try to limit information as we are approaching a crisis.

Eddies66 07-16-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Butler (Post 335538)
Probably to try to limit information as we are approaching a crisis.

What crisis are you referring to?

art leong 07-17-2012 10:50 AM

All you knowlegeable people. Should look into the Vienna Convention (we are already bound by this). If this treaty is signed.

art leong 07-17-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lee (Post 335464)

But if it is not renounced or voted down we are required to follow it.
Vienna Convention.

Jim Wahl 07-18-2012 12:34 AM

If you don't watch anything else this year, you need to watch this! If you think it can't be done then you are a fool! This video is 20 minutes long but when it is done you will not believe what you saw. Everything is fact based and proven in the video. With one command you could lose your second amendment rights, your guns and possibly your life and freedom. Please watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyfkQ...ature=youtu.be

treessavoy 07-18-2012 01:09 AM

I'm sorry Jim, but this guy is full of *****. The document he is misrepresenting was penned at the height of the cold war and never implemented. The document was written to draw Armies down to an equal level on the pretense that it would help avoid war and have the UN or a third party verify.

No where, that I could see, did the document designate civilian weapons but my computer would not down load the whole article so I could be wrong but how are "they" going to get our guns? I ain't giving them mine!

With the millions of weapons in the hands of citizens there would be no way to even find them all much less take them. If it were to actually happen do you think all us rednecks would give them out guns?....pried out of my cold dead hands!

JimR